• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

mbedle

Just got an email from Whaleback. Pretty good deal with Killington at 50% off during the week. Perfect joint venture with a feeder hill and a resort. Hats off to them with that approach.

Dear Whale Riders -

Passapalooza? Coming your way on September 1, Passapalooza is all about ... giving you fantastic passholder benefits and having fun!

It kicks off with the Early Bird Pass Sale on September 1. The September 20 Dash-for-a-Pass & BBQ spices it up.

Then comes some real palooza with great giveaways on 3 separate days, including 3 sets of Nordica skis as grand prizes, so buy early and be eligible for all sorts of prizes.

The closing act is the passholder benefits:
50% off tickets at Killington Resort, Sunday thru Friday their entire season. Yep, that could mean skiing & riding November to June. And you get 25% off on Saturdays and peak days too.
50% off weekday tickets and $10 off weekends at Mount Sunapee, early and late season.
The season long Tune Up Pass at Golf & Ski Warehouse, and up to 20% off on select equipment.
Passholder Days at Whaleback that include 3 free clinics to kick you up a level!
All the details will be posted come September 1 so stay tuned.

Savemeasammy

^50% off weekdays AND Sundays at Killington...? That's a great deal.

Nice job, Whaleback!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SnowDogWax

Max pass with a qualifying resort is a great deal. Gives you 5 days at over 20 resorts

Last edited by a moderator:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Max Pass

Max pass with a qualifying resort is a great deal. Gives you 5 days at over 20 resorts

This is a Billski certified deal. A friggin great pass with no blackouts.

5 days at each area for $700.

No blackouts - that's a killer
Use days anytime you want.
Includes Kmart, Loon, Pico, Stratton, Sugarloaf, Sunday river, tremblant,
Advance purchase only, non transferable.

I'm paying, on the average, about 50$ per resort, and most have blackout dates. For me, that would be 14 days breakeven.
https://www.themaxpass.com/faqs
Complete list

• Blue Mountain, Ontario
  • Mont Tremblant, Quebec
  • Stratton, VT
  • Steamboat, CO
  • Snowshoe, WV
  • Winter Park, CO
  • Loon Mountain, NH
  • Sugarloaf, ME
  • Sunday River, ME
  • Boyne Highlands, MI
  • Boyne Mountain, MI
  • Big Sky, MT
  • Brighton, UT
  • Crystal Mountain, WA
  • Cypress Mountain, B.C.
  • Summit at Snoqualmie, WA
  • Killington, VT
  • Pico Mountain, VT
  • Copper Mountain, CO
  • Mt. Bachelor, OR
  • Boreal Mountain, CA
  • Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard, NV

SnowDogWax

This is a Billski certified deal. A friggin great pass with no blackouts.

5 days at each area for $700.

No blackouts - that's a killer
Use days anytime you want.
Includes Kmart, Loon, Pico, Stratton, Sugarloaf, Sunday river, tremblant,
Advance purchase only, non transferable.

I'm paying, on the average, about 50$ per resort, and most have blackout dates. For me, that would be 14 days breakeven.
https://www.themaxpass.com/faqs
Complete list

• Blue Mountain, Ontario
  • Mont Tremblant, Quebec
  • Stratton, VT
  • Steamboat, CO
  • Snowshoe, WV
  • Winter Park, CO
  • Loon Mountain, NH
  • Sugarloaf, ME
  • Sunday River, ME
  • Boyne Highlands, MI
  • Boyne Mountain, MI
  • Big Sky, MT
  • Brighton, UT
  • Crystal Mountain, WA
  • Cypress Mountain, B.C.
  • Summit at Snoqualmie, WA
  • Killington, VT
  • Pico Mountain, VT
  • Copper Mountain, CO
  • Mt. Bachelor, OR
  • Boreal Mountain, CA
  • Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard, NV

Yes a great deal... With a season pass at any of the listed resorts a Max Pass is I think $249

dlague

Yes a great deal... With a season pass at any of the listed resorts a Max Pass is I think $249

And that is the better deal. I think the Max Pass is great but It would end up costing lodging to ski Sugar Loaf and Tremblant and a couple trips each to get the five days in. However if you generally stay somplece for the weekend - no biggie! Sunday River and Stratton for 5 days each is doable as day trips but also could require some over nights. Loon, Pico and Killington are all easy day trips. Had I known that my son was going to be stationed in CO I might have done that this season, I could use some of those too!

I almost talked myself into it!

SnowDogWax

And that is the better deal. I think the Max Pass is great but It would end up costing lodging to ski Sugar Loaf and Tremblant and a couple trips each to get the five days in. However if you generally stay somplece for the weekend - no biggie! Sunday River and Stratton for 5 days each is doable as day trips but also could require some over nights. Loon, Pico and Killington are all easy day trips. Had I known that my son was going to be stationed in CO I might have done that this season, I could use some of those too!

I almost talked myself into it!

Next season will be spending a couple months in CO, Copper Season Pass with 5 at Steamboat Max Pass. + Max pass will hit Vermont, NH, WV, Lodging does take a be chunk of$$$$

xwhaler

Nitpicking a bit but the add-on pass is not eligible for every mtn season pass on here. I see Pico and their $439 pass is not eligible to do the add-on. I'm sure they looked at this and made sure they cleaned up any loopholes.

sort of a no brainer for any Eastern pass holder of these resorts who wants to take a week out West though.

SnowDogWax

Nitpicking a bit but the add-on pass is not eligible for every mtn season pass on here. I see Pico and their $439 pass is not eligible to do the add-on. I'm sure they looked at this and made sure they cleaned up any loopholes.

sort of a no brainer for any Eastern pass holder of these resorts who wants to take a week out West though.

Yes... Even at Copper you have to pay for the Secret Pass + Season pass to be eligible for Max Pass.

dlague

Killington

Free Express Cards for Military

Active Duty, Retired and Honorably Discharged members of the U.S. Military are eligible for a FREE Express Card, plus free skiing on Veteran's Day.

Just present your valid U.S. Military, U.S. Retired Military I.D., a copy of your DD214 form (photo ID required) or discharge certificate (photo ID required) at the Snowshed Sales Center or K-1 Guest Services to pick up your card.

dlague

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not knock your sox off, but some of the pricing is pretty good for weekends and holidays for places like Cannon and Loon where discounts those days are tough to come by. I like this new format of individual tickets vs what they used to offer where you had to buy packages of tickets to groups of four mountains. There was always a mountain or two in those groups I wasn't interested in.

That said, except for there being no blackouts these deals do stink in comparison to SkiVT deals.

I've always found it bizarre how much better the discounts tend to be in VT despite those areas typically being much more popular.

SnowDogWax

When your close to that mountain...
nothing beats a season pass.
240+ total days last three years... never would happen paying a daily rate.

dlague

When your close to that mountain...
nothing beats a season pass.
240+ total days last three years... never would happen paying a daily rate.

Yup -better yet, my Cannon Season Pass is $289 no black outs! However, I would never make it to 240 day in three years to begin with. It also depends on which mountain it is - averaging 80 days per season and at one resort, not for me! That is like living in a single state and never seeing the rest of the country.

I like diversity in mountains! even with a season pass last year we skied at 21 different ski areas.