• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

SnowDogWax

Agreed...
2012 100 at one resort. 7Springs
2013 82 at 3 resorts. 7Springs, JayPeak, Burke
2014 Last year 62 days 4 resorts 7Springs, Keystone. Breckenridge, Copper,
This season 2015 hope to hit 7 maybe 8 resorts. Days ???

Last edited:

dlague

Agreed...
2012 100 at one resort. 7Springs
2013 82 at 3 resorts. 7Springs, JayPeak, Burke
2014 Last year 62 days 4 resorts 7Springs, Keystone. Breckenridge, Copper,
This season 2015 hope to hit 7 maybe 8 resorts. Days ???

I get it from where you are not a whole lot of options from Pittsburgh. Being from Central NH it is a whole different story - heck Jay Peak and Burke are day trips technically.

yeggous

Not knock your sox off, but some of the pricing is pretty good for weekends and holidays for places like Cannon and Loon where discounts those days are tough to come by. I like this new format of individual tickets vs what they used to offer where you had to buy packages of tickets to groups of four mountains. There was always a mountain or two in those groups I wasn't interested in.

That said, except for there being no blackouts these deals do stink in comparison to SkiVT deals.

I've always found it bizarre how much better the discounts tend to be in VT despite those areas typically being much more popular.

Yeah, SkiNH does not play nice with others. At least NH and ME do not have pervasive blackout dates like VT.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

catsup948

Ragged Mountain Resort is killing it for next season. If you are looking for great lift ticket prices for Ragged go to Liftopia and check it out- early season, mid season etc. BTW they have the best deals all season long out of all the resorts on Liftopia at this time.

http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-info/product/75/NH/Ragged-Mountain-1-Day-Lift-Tickets.htm#12-2015

Example:
View attachment 17421
View attachment 17422

$28 and $26 on most Tuesday's is pretty darn good!

Smellytele

Maybe already posted but I didn't see it.
2015-2016 SKI CLUB & COUNCIL APPRECIATION DAYS!

WHEN: December 4-6, 2015; January 6-8, 2016 February 5-7, 2016; March 18-20, 2016 & April 8-10, 2016
WHO: Ski Club and Council Members*
WHAT: Ski/Ride for the best discount price available and receive discounts on area lodging!
WHERE: Stowe, Vermont. Bring your Club or Council Membership Card* to the Spruce Camp Baselodge.
Adult tickets (13+)Child tickets (6-12)
1-day=$451-day=$33
2-day=$902-day=$66
3-day=$1353-day=$99

Smellytele

I believe k tickets are now on sale

superhero

http://www.killington.com/site/tickets/tickets_and_cards/K-Tickets

BenedictGomez

The Warren Miller schedule is out, and if you happen to live near an REI the presale starts tomorrow (14th - 20th) for $4 off per ticket.

Skier4life

The price keeps going up on this one annually (for obvious reasons) but this is still a pretty good deal if you plan on skiing the beast relatively often during this and next season.
I did it last season and my wife did it the year before...I will be enjoying my 50% off tickets on my brand spanking new board this season - I might even take an advanced lesson for half price:

DISCOVERY 4-DAY LEARN TO PROGRAMS, $349

FEATURING FREE ELAN SKIS OR A FREE BURTON SNOWBOARD

This unique 4-day program offers first-timers ages 18+ everything they need to get comfortable on snow while exploring our dedicated learning terrain and expanding their skills.
Plus, discover more potential when we hand you brand new gear on your fourth day that is yours to keep - FREE!

PROGRAM INCLUDES:

• Four 2-hour lessons, four days of rental equipment and a 4-day lift ticket (days one and two are limited to learning area only; days three and four are full mountain access).
    • Lessons do not need to be consecutive but need to be completed by the end of the 2015-16 season
  • On your fourth day of lessons, we'll be handing over a brand new pair of Elan skis/bindings* or free Burton snowboard/bindings* - FREE!
    • Your instructor will give you some pointers on how to make the most of your new gear that day and beyond.
  • 50% off lift tickets and lessons for the remainder of the 2015-16 and 2016-17 winter seasons.

Last edited:

dlague

The price keeps going up on this one annually (for obvious reasons) but this is still a pretty good deal if you plan on skiing the beast relatively often during this and next season.
I did it last season and my wife did it the year before...I will be enjoying my 50% off tickets on my brand spanking new board this season - I might even take an advanced lesson for half price:

DISCOVERY 4-DAY LEARN TO PROGRAMS, $349

FEATURING FREE ELAN SKIS OR A FREE BURTON SNOWBOARD

This unique 4-day program offers first-timers ages 18+ everything they need to get comfortable on snow while exploring our dedicated learning terrain and expanding their skills.
Plus, discover more potential when we hand you brand new gear on your fourth day that is yours to keep - FREE!

PROGRAM INCLUDES:

• Four 2-hour lessons, four days of rental equipment and a 4-day lift ticket (days one and two are limited to learning area only; days three and four are full mountain access).
    • Lessons do not need to be consecutive but need to be completed by the end of the 2015-16 season
  • On your fourth day of lessons, we'll be handing over a brand new pair of Elan skis/bindings* or free Burton snowboard/bindings* - FREE!
    • Your instructor will give you some pointers on how to make the most of your new gear that day and beyond.
  • 50% off lift tickets and lessons for the remainder of the 2015-16 and 2016-17 winter seasons.

I presume this is the program at Killington?

Pats Peak has a similar deal

Want to learn to ski and get free gear and a season pass to boot? Check this program at Pats Peak Ski Area​!

Passport Program PLUS - $349

• Valid for (4) Skier Starter Special Packages for $349!
  • On the 4th day of the program, receive:

• FREE PATS PEAK UNLIMITED SEASON PASS
      FREE ELAN SKIS WITH BINDINGS*
      SKI SHOP DISCOUNTS
  • Plus, receive 50%-Off additional Group Lessons.
  • Purchasers must be 18+ years old.
  • Limited to two participants per household.

*A free pair of Elan skis with bindings is limited to the first 150 participants, Ages 18+ that purchase this Pre-Paid Passport Program Plus. Ski sizes range from 146-160cm and will accommodate appropriate skier type abilities for participants in this beginner program. There are limited amounts of equipment per size. Sizes will be distributed based on a first-come, first-served basis upon completion of the program.

Warren Miller presale tix for Bushnell Hartford 11/6. Presale code is PRESALE2015 but be aware a $$3 fee, but still better than nothing.

BenedictGomez

The code for all the shows is: presale2015

Of course, the place I'm going to see it the ticket sales start the day after the presale ends = cheap bastidz

ThinkSnow

Two Mountains, One Really Great Price. Pre-purchase 2015/16 midweek, one day lift tickets to Attitash Mountain Resort & Wildcat Mountain for $35 during the month of September only. Great savings for yourself or makes a perfect gift!
Pre-purchase online or over the phone by calling 1-888-754-9453 and in person at Wildcat or Attitash during regular business hours. Lift tickets will be valid for use at Attitash and Wildcat any midweek (Monday-Friday), non-holiday day during the 2015/16 winter season. Tickets not valid for use Saturdays, Sundays or during holiday periods including December 28, 2015-January 1, 2016 and February 15-19 2016. Tickets will be available for pick up at Guest Services any time after October 15. For those that wish to have tickets mailed to them, for an additional shipping fee, certified mail orders will be sent out on October 30. All tickets are non-refundable and valid for use during the 2015/16 winter season only.

ThinkSnow

I skied Wildcat early season 2014 on Dec. 13 (Saturday), and lift tickets were $59. I don't recall how much they were midweek, but the $35 deal is probably the lowest you will see for the season.

ThinkSnow

Question - we're looking to ski Wildcat at least two or three times in November (if open, of course). I assume Wildcat will have early season rates (Bretton is sweet at $29 until mid-December). Would it make sense to buy $35 tix now with the intention of using them early season, or maybe just wait until November and buy tix then at the early season rates?

Where did you see Bretton Woods for $29?