• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington - 5/8/15

Puck it

Like these

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 311

Rambo

HA!! HA!! Just took a peak at the Superstar webcam, at 3:35 pm Mon. 5/11 and their was a skier bombing the bottom portion. Must have hiked up. Thinking it will still be good come this Friday!

JDMRoma

skiNEwhere; bit of K hate[/QUOTE said:
Really ? K hate, what's to hate the place is awesome ! glad I had the opportunity to get there a few times this year. I have a feeling I'll get more days in at K next year !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

Really ? K hate, what's to hate the place is awesome ! glad I had the opportunity to get there a few times this year. I have a feeling I'll get more days in at K next year !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

You have not been influenced by discussions like this! http://forums.alpinezone.com/search.php?searchid=1460730

I think it is the cost issue, crowd issue, and attitude issue. For me, K town is a bookend for the ski season with maybe one trip or two in the middle.

steamboat1

I think it is the cost issue, crowd issue, and attitude issue.
Yeah the cost issue, K so far has cost me $17 & change per day, up $3 from last year, then again the fact I have less days might have something to do with it. No crowds during the week, almost like my own private Idaho. Attitude, yes we have an attitude, deal with it.

dlague

Yeah the cost issue, K so far has cost me $17 & change per day, up $3 from last year, then again the fact I have less days might have something to do with it. No crowds during the week, almost like my own private Idaho. Attitude, yes we have an attitude, deal with it.

Not talking pass holders. Many people I know are hating not just on killington but stowe sugarbush, etc because the window rate is so high. I used to be the same way but I have found ways to ski there for fewer dollars. Not as good as having a pass but never skied for more than $42 at killington.

SkiRay

You have not been influenced by discussions like this! http://forums.alpinezone.com/search.php?searchid=1460730

I think it is the cost issue, crowd issue, and attitude issue. For me, K town is a bookend for the ski season with maybe one trip or two in the middle.

There are many things about Killington I love and many things I dislike. In the high winter, its way to crowded, the hard runs get overloaded with people that have trouble going down blue runs there (which are more like green). Liken to Hunter Mountain in NY.

Being from NYC, it somehow attracts some people with attitudes which to me is frustrating, this entitlement behavior, I paid for it so, let me do as I please. Like somehow there is disconnect with being civil and responsible. Not to say there are not civil and responsible people there but, it seems to be that the good people are overshadowed by those that are just not respectful of others and lack a sense of ski/ride ethic that would compel my family to visit the place on weekends in February. Late Fall and in the Spring, not to worry. Only hardcore folk are there hitting it.

Also, the trail network is difficult to navigate, lots of pushing in between and easy to lose family and friends there. So, skiing there in the fall and spring make it easier not to lose anyone as there are fewer people around you to avoid hitting - and you can focus more on skiing and keeping an eye on your family members.

All in all, I like what Killington produces but, I will only go there when it's not so crowded (weekdays non-peak, or in the early/late season).

We might head up there for Memorial Day Weekend. We will see.

JimG.

Staff member

These are all reasons I love Killington!

A ski area not afraid to charge what it is worth. I think it's funny that many folks who are still skiing there now complain about the "high" cost of tickets. Making enough snow to try to stay open until June is expensive.

Crowds? There are "crowds" at every ski area in the world. At least at the ski areas worth skiing at. I've never had issues with crowds at Killington. That's because I expect to see crowds. Funny thing is I rarely find crowds. That's because I try to stay off of "high speed" lifts and "signature" trails. But I'm a bad judge because I'm a passholder at "crowded" Hunter, right?

As for "attitude", there is also plenty of that at most ski areas. I'm there to ski, not socialize. Killington has always treated me right. As for other skier's attitudes I could not care less.

And let's not forget that K is clearly the undisputed King of Spring on the East Coast. What's not to like?

dlague

There are many things about Killington I love and many things I dislike. In the high winter, its way to crowded, the hard runs get overloaded with people that have trouble going down blue runs there (which are more like green). Liken to Hunter Mountain in NY.

Being from NYC, it somehow attracts some people with attitudes which to me is frustrating, this entitlement behavior, I paid for it so, let me do as I please. Like somehow there is disconnect with being civil and responsible. Not to say there are not civil and responsible people there but, it seems to be that the good people are overshadowed by those that are just not respectful of others and lack a sense of ski/ride ethic that would compel my family to visit the place on weekends in February. Late Fall and in the Spring, not to worry. Only hardcore folk are there hitting it.

Also, the trail network is difficult to navigate, lots of pushing in between and easy to lose family and friends there. So, skiing there in the fall and spring make it easier not to lose anyone as there are fewer people around you to avoid hitting - and you can focus more on skiing and keeping an eye on your family members.

All in all, I like what Killington produces but, I will only go there when it's not so crowded (weekdays non-peak, or in the early/late season).

We might head up there for Memorial Day Weekend. We will see.

Well said!

These are all reasons I love Killington!

A ski area not afraid to charge what it is worth. I think it's funny that many folks who are still skiing there now complain about the "high" cost of tickets. Making enough snow to try to stay open until June is expensive.

Crowds? There are "crowds" at every ski area in the world. At least at the ski areas worth skiing at. I've never had issues with crowds at Killington. That's because I expect to see crowds. Funny thing is I rarely find crowds. That's because I try to stay off of "high speed" lifts and "signature" trails. But I'm a bad judge because I'm a passholder at "crowded" Hunter, right?

As for "attitude", there is also plenty of that at most ski areas. I'm there to ski, not socialize. Killington has always treated me right. As for other skier's attitudes I could not care less.

And let's not forget that K is clearly the undisputed King of Spring on the East Coast. What's not to like?

Not attributes I seek that is for sure. However, I was only theorizing not stating my POV. As far as King of Spring - up until last weekend they were not. They are now only because they are still open with SS. Personally I like Killington and since I ski weekends, the best weekends are those after a long weekend or a vacation week and then on a Sunday. has worked for us every time.