• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/14 Valentine's Day Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
Gonna merge this with the other thread.

snoseek

taking today (tues.) off. Gonna need the legs strong for the next 3.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Don't know why everyone's so excited over Wednesday, Thursday is the day for nice fresh pow. Heavy snow isn't starting til Wednesday at noon and supposed to continue into Wednesday night. Don't shoot your load too early.

nelsapbm

I'm thinking Friday would be the best day. Thursday we're expecting the winds that usually come after a big storm. Probably will be wind holds.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Our local weather guy is predicting 30"-48" for the Bush and Stowe. The first flakes will start at 3AM tonight. It will also be windy in the afternoon. It took me 10 tries to get into the NOAA site early this morning...this is going to be very interesting.

Grassi21

Our local weather guy is predicting 30"-48" for the Bush and Stowe. The first flakes will start at 3AM tonight. It will also be windy in the afternoon. It took me 10 tries to get into the NOAA site early this morning...this is going to be very interesting.

After getting frustrated with NOAA I slummed it and checked AccuWeather and Weather.com.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

I had to read that three times to make sure I wasn't imagining things.... this may be a time for me to go to MRG...

Sheik Yerbouti

I'm still apprehensive about this. Not getting my hopes up at all. It looks great, and every piece is in place, but it ain't over til the mercedez suv is in the ditch.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I think the timing of this storm is pretty good regarding everyone coming for the holiday weekend in that I am hoping by Friday afternoon the roads should be somewhat plowed.

I don't remember the exact year, maybe 2000, it was a pretty mediocre snow year, starting Friday morning of this same holiday weekened it started snowing hard in the morning. By dinnertime the calls started coming in, guests and especially big busses could not get up the Sugarbush access rd.

We rallied all the big trucks we could muster and started ferrying them up the road to the Sugarbush Inn to check in and then took them to their condos. I worked about 14 hours that day.