• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Sunday

steamboat1

Today's report:

For Friday, we'll be grooming Superstar top to bottom, but only along the center of the trail. You'll find soft bumps on the sides, and the middle will bump up nicely throughout the day too. Skyelark and Bittersweet are probably done for the season - we're going to evaluate Friday morning to see if they can open. Stay tuned for updates.

Domeskier

Today's report:

For Friday, we'll be grooming Superstar top to bottom, but only along the center of the trail. You'll find soft bumps on the sides, and the middle will bump up nicely throughout the day too. Skyelark and Bittersweet are probably done for the season - we're going to evaluate Friday morning to see if they can open. Stay tuned for updates.

NO!!!!! The headwall and lower superstar do bump up rather quickly after grooming, but middle superstar seems to take quite a bit longer and the lines there were almost perfect last weekend. :thumbdown:

steamboat1

NO!!!!! The headwall and lower superstar do bump up rather quickly after grooming, but middle superstar seems to take quite a bit longer and the lines there were almost perfect last weekend. :thumbdown:
As diague would say take what the mountain gives you. It is the only game in town (lift serviced anyway).

chuckstah

Hopefully they at least allow hiking High Rd to lower Skyelark. There should be some good bumps left, with a section of walking/rock skiing where the stream crosses. Unless of course they farmed the bottom of it for the bridge to the lift. I will be there in the morning.

catsup948

I started this thread but it looks like I won't be skiing this weekend. Being gone the last two weekends house projects have added up. Likely lift serve season is done unless they make it to 5/30.

Cornhead

On my way now, in Albany, I might have half a BOGO available. I have to see if K's system accepts it. It's a Warren Miller voucher and I've already used one this Spring. I probably should've used a different name, hopefully it'll work. If not, I'll have to settle for the 25% off.

Savemeasammy

Several AZers were there Sunday. I met up with cornhead upon arrival to split a 2fer. Rode the chair with DMW. Met up with Domeskier at the top. Met up with powbmps in liftline for my last run. I (think) I had a 180 sighting at the top of Superstar. We met up with the elusive Greg just after the headwall.

It was a great day. I would like to have made more runs, but it was damn tiring! It was fairly busy. I usually had to wait for a few chairs, but was glad to do it. It was good to see so many people out there. Hopefully the cooler weather this week does minimal damage to the snowpack.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited: