• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Sunday

Cornhead

Glad I could help you out Tim. Great seeing and skiing with you again Dave. I hit the hill at 8:30 and was pretty spent already by the time dmw showed, 3 hrs of corn will do that. Felt better after I broke for lunch, managed to make it till 3. It was tough to leave knowing these might be the last turns of the year. Did meet Domeskier on his way out, also ran into Marcski and his daughter at the lift. Great day, hopefully one more trip to K before I hang em up. Dlague, joined you in the road rash club, took my first spill in a month of weekends skiing corn at K. You're right, that base layer is a cheese grater, ground my elbow down pretty good.

Attachments

• 1432037640211.jpg
    1432037640211.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 1432037663848.jpg
    1432037663848.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 1432037679885.jpg
    1432037679885.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 1432037701811.jpg
    1432037701811.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 171
  • 1432037716390.jpg
    1432037716390.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 172

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Saturday:

17815671556_4588702969.jpg

Sunday:

17669124078_4f7380a11c.jpg

Killington was amazing this weekend. Truly awesome.

Smellytele

Glad I could help you out Tim. Great seeing and skiing with you again Dave. I hit the hill at 8:30 and was pretty spent already by the time dmw showed, 3 hrs of corn will do that. Felt better after I broke for lunch, managed to make it till 3. It was tough to leave knowing these might be the last turns of the year. Did meet Domeskier on his way out, also ran into Marcski and his daughter at the lift. Great day, hopefully one more trip to K before I hang em up. Dlague, joined you in the road rash club, took my first spill in a month of weekends skiing corn at K. You're right, that base layer is a cheese grater, ground my elbow down pretty good.

Even on spring 70 deg days I wear a thin long sleeve shirt and gloves. I had the corn road rash once and don't want it again. also never wear shorts skiing unless I have a thin pair of long johns under them.

Cornhead

Even on spring 70 deg days I wear a thin long sleeve shirt and gloves. I had the corn road rash once and don't want it again. also never wear shorts skiing unless I have a thin pair of long johns under them.

I realize the risk, I do wear deerskin work gloves, if it isn't so warm I forget to grab them from under my ass on the chair. One spill in 4 days ain't so bad, worth the risk IMHO. I did tweak my watchband in the fall, wouldn't clasp, I've since straightened it out. Saw several people with gators, a good idea to keep your boots dry. Love the feeling of corn spray on your legs.

Marc, great pics of your daughter. Sorry I didn't recognize you right away, been hanging too much with Scotty's friend MJ, obviously, introducing you twice to dmw, doh.

dlague

Nice of you to join the club!

dmw

Good times.

Cornhead braving the corn rash -
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1432044162.158357.jpg

Domeskier

Even on spring 70 deg days I wear a thin long sleeve shirt and gloves.

Long sleeves helped, but didn't quite save me this weekend. At least there was less blood and dirt! It was great meeting a bunch of AZ'ers. Hope to make some more turns with you guys next season!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Marc, great pics of your daughter. Sorry I didn't recognize you right away, been hanging too much with Scotty's friend MJ, obviously, introducing you twice to dmw, doh.

Bob, no worries or need to apologize. It was the first time we've ever met up other than at Platty, so I threw you for a loop. [emoji6]. Great to meet you DMW. Hopefully, next time we'll make some turns.

What a great day and weekend. My little one is a total Beast fanatic now! Here is another of her chewing up lower Sup and enjoying the hike over to Skylark.

17861268191_9f617ba8e9.jpg

17673155498_25f8fe35d1_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jcb890

I'll be there Friday and until around lunch time on Saturday. Anyone else planning on heading up?

Jcb890

We were up there yesterday (Friday).

Early AM it was great. They had groomed a path down the middle of the moguls. The path only lasted a couple of runs though of course. It might have lasted until 10 am. However, by after lunch (~12:30) the moguls were getting huge and the troughs between were getting real deep and rutted. I rode 9-1, by the time 1 came around my body was tired and sore and my last time through the mogul run wasn't all that fun. So, I called it before over-doing it, being too tired and hurting myself.

As for the groomers, there was 1 up at the top of Superstar and 2 on the sides about 1/2 way up. I'm imagining they'll be moving snow around all weekend. I would doubt that it remains top-to-bottom through tomorrow. There were some spots really thinning out yesterday and the added crowds today and tomorrow will be tough to deal with for the crew at Killington. I would be surprised if the middle section doesn't require a little walking this weekend.

All in all though, it was a great final day of riding for this season.

dlague

Well they touched it up pretty well then because it was pretty nice. The just about whole section of Superstar on the flatter section . They also pushed a lot of snow on the run out toothed lift and off the lift.

machski

Yes, Killington did a great job. Friday skied great and I understand friday night was cold enough that the bridge got shored up even better by tower 6. Hope it holds up through tomorrow.