• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Copper Mountain - anyone been

mikestaple

Hi

Looking to do a family reunion over Christmas at Copper. Anyone been to Copper? We are a mix of intermediates to low expert skiers.

Anyone done a rental in Frisco - how was the shuttle bus service?

Thanks

Smellytele

Copper is a fun mountain. The lower frontside is really broken into skiing ability which has its pluses and minuses. the further you go west the easier it gets

Razor

Been a number of times. From the sounds of your group, Copper would be great. We stayed right on the mountain in a condo right next to the B lift. Perfect. Walk out the door onto the lift. That was quite a while ago, though. Don't know much about recent improvements. Frisco is nice with some good spots to eat. Shuttle is good.

Edd

Another thumbs up for the shuttle service from Frisco. The nightlife options in downtown Frisco, where I stayed, are quite limited compared to something like Breckenridge, but they will do.

Copper is fantastic, truly a wealth of terrain for all abilities. I might do a quick 3 day trip there and stay right in the village at some point.

Hawkshot99

Skied there this winter and loved it. We spent almost the entire day in the back bowl area but the rest of the mtn was great as well.

catsup948

Copper is great! It doesn't have anything overly steep but it offers a great variety of terrain. Spaulding Bowl was a favorite of mine. It felt very remote.

skiNEwhere

Skied copper many times, usually early season. Perfect for the intermediate skiers, the groomers off of the timberline express are top notch. Not to mention free parking with only a short bus ride

jimk

Hi

Anyone done a rental in Frisco - how was the shuttle bus service?

Thanks

About six years ago I stayed on Main Street in Frisco for about four nights and a two foot snow storm hit just as we got there. The roads were bad and we used the free Summit Stage which ran through it all to smoothly get to Copper each day even when parts of I70 over by Denver were closed overnight. Great times in Copper's Enchanted Forest area:
copper enchanted forest 2009.jpg

Puck it

Send a PM to Cannonball. He was a liftie there a few years ago, but has a lot of intel on the area still.

skiNEwhere

A lot cheaper than Vail and Breck and discounts can be found easily for copper unlike the other aforementioned areas.

I wouldn't go that far. Yes it's cheaper than Vail but last time I passed by the ticket window I believe the price was $114 or $119.

A couple years ago they gave pass holders 10 friend passes for $59 each. This season they were $69 each. And next season they'll be $79 each, which will bring it close to the Vail "ski with a friend" pass.

One thing that's great about copper is that it just never feels crowded, one of the reasons being that it's similar in size to Breckenridge yet gets less than half the amount of their visits.

If you go early season, be afraid, be very afraid of racers everywhere......

Smellytele

I wouldn't go that far. Yes it's cheaper than Vail but last time I passed by the ticket window I believe the price was $114 or $119.

A couple years ago they gave pass holders 10 friend passes for $59 each. This season they were $69 each. And next season they'll be $79 each, which will bring it close to the Vail "ski with a friend" pass.

One thing that's great about copper is that it just never feels crowded, one of the reasons being that it's similar in size to Breckenridge yet gets less than half the amount of their visits.

If you go early season, be afraid, be very afraid of racers everywhere......

Discounts are easy to find. lots of 2fer1's out there