• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Worst Trail Maps

thetrailboss

Staff member
Middlebury Snow Bowl:
-Map blurry and hard to read
-Makes the place seem really small. There are a ton of off map glades that have the ski area ski much bigger than its vertical would suggest.
Trail map doing Middlebury no favors in attracting 1st timers IMHO

9545572_orig.jpg

Got to agree. I say have the Geography Department at Bi Hall draw them a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Black Mtn of ME
Lots of Angry Beaver glades that have trail signs that haven;t yet made it onto the official map. I don't think they are "secret stashes" as much as BMOM just hasn't highlighted them yet.
Place is a gem for low/mid angle tree skiing at a great price and some freshinng to the trail map would help.

Black-Mountain-Alpine-Trail-Map_600.png

That's their current map? Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ceo

The trail maps I've had the hardest time figuring out are MRG and Burke. In both cases that's less an issue with the map than with the area's confusing trail layout.

If you know the mountain, picture the fall lines and ski it that way. Map is very detailed, (almost too much I agree), but very representative of the terrain. The detail adds to the intrigue and options MRG has to offer.