• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

K today, 5/23

Cornhead

Thanks guys, just pulled in, looks good, still continuous, gonna ski till 5, then see how I feel, either head for home, or crash somewhere and do it again tomorrow.

Cornhead

Not too shabby...for Memorial Day Weekend!

Attachments

• 1432396362164.jpg
    1432396362164.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 74

Rambo

Corn must be Mr. Diehard - Hope your Volkl's are holding together... looks great on the webcam... enjoy

Cornhead

Corn must be Mr. Diehard - Hope your Volkl's are holding together... looks great on the webcam... enjoy

They are, but they are worse, lawsuit? Things aren't going so well at work. Said hi to the Birdman, and shredderofgnar, another NY'er, bump connoisseur.

Cornhead

Looks like I'm going to stay overnight and do at least a half day tomorrow. Ran into a guy with a ticket for sale for tomorrow, $20. It is supposed to be nearly 20° warmer tomorrow, 75°. Any suggestions for cheap, bare bones accommodations near K?

chuckstah

Hillside inn on access road is$55 on priceline.com. place in Rutland for $45. I was just looking at rooms for tomorrow night.

Cornhead

Radio Ron baby

Attachments

• 1432413389108.jpg
    1432413389108.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 66

Cornhead

Hillside inn on access road is$55 on priceline.com. place in Rutland for $45. I was just looking at rooms for tomorrow night.

Ended up at the Highlander rt 7 Rutland, $49 tax included, one star, I see why, that's OK, right up my alley, at least no regrets for forgetting my swim trunks:D thanks for the tips. Are you skiing tomorrow? I'll PM you my # if you'd like to share some turns.

chuckstah

Plan on being there about 11:30 or noon. I'll check pm in the morning.

Cornhead

Ended up at the Highlander rt 7 Rutland, $49 tax included, one star, I see why, that's OK, right up my alley, at least no regrets for forgetting my swim trunks:D thanks for the tips. Are you skiing tomorrow? I'll PM you my # if you'd like to share some turns.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I could have used better edges for the first few hours this AM. There was a hard freeze on Fri. night and it really didn't soften until about 11AM. Fortunately, the hordes didn't arrive until 10AM, so the fact that there was really one skiable lane about two cat tracks wide on the headwall for everyone wasn't that bad!

There is no snow beyond the snow-fence and the glacier on top is down to 10 feet. The headwall probably will not be the place we'll be walking on June 1.

dlague

I get the sharper edges. Towards the bottom the was a scraped off spot that was sketchy.

I agree with your assessment.

Cornhead

Last week I broke out my rock skis to ski Skyelark, I made a few passes on Superstar with them too, their edges are nonexistent, I missed the ability to edge on the exposed base in the troughs.

Not supposed to get nearly as cold tonight, low 44°. Looking forward to some early morning turns before the hoards arrive, and people start launching themselves at me.