• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2015 Boating Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was on Winnipasauke on Saturday. Not as bad as above, but it was still a mad house. No offense to gmcunni, but the PWCs were a major nuisance. I can see why they are banned on many water bodies.

4aprice

Wow! I have never seen a more crowded lake. Now we know where all those Mountain Creek people go in summer!!

You're only seeing one small section of the lake. There's plenty of area to go cruising but lots of traffic on a weekend so choppy and fun dinning and drinking establishments around the lake. We leave the water skiing to the week nights and can find "glass" if the winds not to much. The cove is unique and not many lakes can match the vibe there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

I was on Winnipasauke on Saturday. Not as bad as above, but it was still a mad house. No offense to gmcunni, but the PWCs were a major nuisance. I can see why they are banned on many water bodies.

Winni's got some crazy laws which is why you would not see that there. They don't allow the rafting (which we really enjoy) but I've seen both Braun Bay and West Alton sandbar and they get pretty crazy and the passage back to Pagus Bay has worst traffic then I've ever seen on Hopatcong. Byram Cove is deep (drops right from shore to 30 feet). Another one of our favorite tie-up party places is Log Bay on Lake George which is a sandbar like Braun and West Alton.

IMG_0413_1_.jpg

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Cornhead

Picked up a passenger on my way home last night. It's getting dark pretty early now. I had to do some paddling in the dark on the final leg of my trip home. For that reason, I guess, I decided to listen to the Yankees/Mets game with only one earbud in. I felt something hit my shoulder, followed by a flopping sound in the bottom of my boat. A 4" small mouth bass had bounced off my shoulder, and landed in my boat. If I had both earbuds in, I doubt Id've even noticed it flopping around.

Attachments

• 1442660320022.jpg
    1442660320022.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 58

Cornhead

Hopped right in, just like those Asian carp videos. I'm glad I did notice him, just snapped a couple pics, and tossed him back in the drink. I was in about 6" of water when he leapt in. Here's an action shot in mid flop.

Attachments

• 1442744299214.jpg
    1442744299214.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 47

Lefty4514

I know it's ski season but this weather is making me miss fishing and boating a little bit. Anyone on here boat out of the Boston harbor area? Would love to share some fishing knowledge/stories.