The 2015 Boating Thread - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I was on Winnipasauke on Saturday. Not as bad as above, but it was still a mad house. No offense to gmcunni, but the PWCs were a major nuisance. I can see why they are banned on many water bodies.
    Winni's got some crazy laws which is why you would not see that there. They don't allow the rafting (which we really enjoy) but I've seen both Braun Bay and West Alton sandbar and they get pretty crazy and the passage back to Pagus Bay has worst traffic then I've ever seen on Hopatcong. Byram Cove is deep (drops right from shore to 30 feet). Another one of our favorite tie-up party places is Log Bay on Lake George which is a sandbar like Braun and West Alton.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Picked up a passenger on my way home last night. It's getting dark pretty early now. I had to do some paddling in the dark on the final leg of my trip home. For that reason, I guess, I decided to listen to the Yankees/Mets game with only one earbud in. I felt something hit my shoulder, followed by a flopping sound in the bottom of my boat. A 4" small mouth bass had bounced off my shoulder, and landed in my boat. If I had both earbuds in, I doubt Id've even noticed it flopping around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Items for Sale
    Wild Cornhead.....he leaped all by himself, via your fishing line/rod or did a squatch toss him at ya'....?
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Wild Cornhead.....he leaped all by himself, via your fishing line/rod or did a squatch toss him at ya'....?
    Asian Carp hybrid...

Hopped right in, just like those Asian carp videos. I'm glad I did notice him, just snapped a couple pics, and tossed him back in the drink. I was in about 6" of water when he leapt in. Here's an action shot in mid flop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Items for Sale
    Wild....must be hybrid SBSP.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Wild....must be hybrid SBSP.
    LOL ...if it hit him in the head he'd have a new name.

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    LOL ...if it hit him in the head he'd have a new name.
    Basshead? ... Or https://youtu.be/cn73Wtem0No
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Items for Sale
    SteveD

I know it's ski season but this weather is making me miss fishing and boating a little bit. Anyone on here boat out of the Boston harbor area? Would love to share some fishing knowledge/stories.

Thread Information