• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2015 Boating Thread

bigbog

I know it's ski season but this weather is making me miss fishing and boating a little bit. Anyone on here boat out of the Boston harbor area? Would love to share some fishing knowledge/stories.

Although it looks like Maine should be getting something around Tuesday...it looks like Aroostook Cnty will be the goods but at least the resorts will get a little help....BUT as of today I'm getting the same Lefty4514, especially just in driving around, sightseeing various areas of the woods...

steamboat1

It's been so warm around here (NYC) we were still catching bluefish last week along with stripers. Might still be I haven't been out in a week, our boat stopped fishing Dec. 15, end of striped bass season in NY. Herring fishing has been good in Jamaica Bay too.

steamboat1

It's not unusual to still catch bluefish well into Dec. while offshore bottom fishing. Heard of some caught today offshore. It is very unusual to still be catching them inshore though but can't verify that they still are.

Griswold

It's probably a long shot on a ski forum but I have some fishing gear I am looking to sell.

4 mustang Solas Survival suits that are two years old and are in mint condition (never used thankfully!)

1 shimano tiagra 50w lrs combo with a pacific bay rod

1 shimano tld 2 speed lrsa 50 combo with a pacific bay rod

3 brand new squid bars I bought from fisherman's outfitter in Gloucester

1 braid standup fighting harness

I even have an ebirb that's about 4 years old that I would part with for short money (they can be transferred)

If you can't tell I have sold my boat 😭

If there's anyone looking to get into tuna fishing and get a great deal on some barely used equipment I have pretty much all you will need to get started. Shoot me a message if interested and I'll send pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

I'm getting mine ready for the season as well. Saturday we rebuilt the fuel pump, new plugs and water separating filter. New starter motor and trailer wheel bearings go in next wknd and hopefully splash down the following.
Look forward to a great season with the family on the NH/ME Seacoast!