The 2015 Boating Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The 2015 Boating Thread

Well... I guess I need something to hold me over until the guns get fired up again...

First day out on the big lake for the season

Skiing for 2017-2018 - TBD:

Seasons Past:
    2016-2017 - 23 Visits; 2015-2016 - 17 Visits; 2014-2015 - 20 visits: 2013-2014 - 19 visits: 2012-2013 - 13 Visits;
    2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2011-2012 - 16 Visits; 2010-2011 - 19 Visits; 2009-2010 - 16 Visits; 2008-2009 - 15 Visits

Nice ! I guess that would hold me over too !

Nice lake...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    Well... I guess I need something to hold me over until the guns get fired up again...

I used to have a boat docked at Mount View Yacht Club in Gilford that I got rid of years ago when the kids were younger. With this picture you posted, it makes me wish I had it still. Maybe my summer interest would peek.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Well, I guess it's official, ski season is over, finally got out on the Susquehanna in my DY Special for the first time this year. Leisurely 6 mile trip, 3 down, then 3 back upstream, after work today. My f'd up shoulder didn't feel so go when I first started out, but loosened up considerably as I paddled. We'll see how it is returning home on the upstream half, I'm typing this from the riverbank.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Items for Sale
    Down then attempted immediate upstream..y/n?....that's a task for your first of the season....but bet it felt good to be on the water again...
    Last edited by bigbog; Jun 3, 2015 at 9:57 PM.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    Down then attempted immediate upstream..y/n?....that's a task for your first of the season....but bet it felt good to be on the water again...
    Yes, I'd prefer to go upstream first, but it's just too shallow. The river is up a little from the recent rain, but a good level, deep enough so the usual shallow spots are easily paddled through, not so deep that upstream paddling is a PITA.

I hope to work up to my usual 12 mile round trip, from my house on the river, downstream to the Rockbottom Dam in Binghamton, and back. It's a pretty good workout, takes me about 3 hrs. Yes, it did feel good to be back on the water. I'm struggling to get into my Summertime routines, last weekend was my first ski-less weekend.

Next project is to get my bicycle ready for some riding. Scotty keeps asking me to go hiking, but 5 straight weekends of bashing bumps at Killington have trashed my knees. Hopefully they'll come around now that I'm finally done.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

I don't exactly boat but this helps in warm months. Trying to get up to Champlain this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Items for Sale
    TIN....is NOT a neophyte to bass tactics.....
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post

Very nice, Chaparral's are great boats and thanks for starting this years thread. Definitely gets me through the summer. We had a semi tough spring with water levels lower then normal (thank's in part to the state of NJ and their incompetence running the dam). Couple of people I know dinged props (thankfully we did not)but the water level has risen due to recent rains.

Byram (Party) Cove and some of the Red Neck Yacht Club. Actually a pretty peaceful day as it can get really busy in there.

Sunset and Happy Hour at the Jefferson House. (Our version of the Naswa for you Winni boaters)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    TIN....is NOT a neophyte to bass tactics.....
    I used to fish big stuff. Won a few big tournies that helped pay for school. Postspawn deal now, 70+ fish this weekend and couldn't crack one over 4lbs. Where is JRMagic? He is the fisherman.

Thread Information