• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Jam @ Hunter Mountain

catskillman

Any one going? Besides DMC, that is a given. Those that cannot attend it will be live streamed. In the past it was free, but this year they are asking for a donation that will benefit childhood cancer, and you can donate whatever you want. Enjoy It starts at 4:30 today by the way.

mriceyman

My brother worked it and said not as many cops as last year but def still there. And they mess with people more than any event we work all year.. Vendor numbers way down and word on street is this is last year of contract between production and hunter mountain

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

crank

Skipped it this year. Will likely attend GOTV.

catskillman

Only 40 arrests were reported, down from last year. The festival is on again next year at Hunter. Tickets for 2016 are already on sale on the Mountain Jam site. Also, there is a 3 day Country Fest there this weekend.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Only 40 arrests were reported, down from last year. The festival is on again next year at Hunter. Tickets for 2016 are already on sale on the Mountain Jam site. Also, there is a 3 day Country Fest there this weekend.

Sounds like the promoters at least partially came through on their word for less invasive security. They did publish a letter on several social media sites acknowledging the issues with security and promising to tone things down this year. 40 arrests still seems high. Did they still have a court set up right on site to collect fines from people?

I've never been, but I know of dozens of people that won't go back after stupid crap like cops telling them to empty their pockets while waiting to use the John or getting their tents searched while on the concert field.

I've heard great things about this year's performances. Killer lineup for sure.

Funky_Catskills

Wow... Amazing weekend..
Loved JRAD in the rain... 32 minute full Terrapin
Robert Plant embraced Zep and crushed it..
moe. put on an epic set - Warren came out on Opium.. So sick...
Mule did a Floyd set that blew my mind.. And a great Mule set...
Big Gigantic had us dancing like maniacs late night..
Budos Band CRUSHED!!!!!!!

I could go on and on... it was great...

- One of the best Jams ever and I've seen them all
- security way way better, but seriously if they tell you your are going to get searched, don't show up wit a pound of shrooms
- no searching going on in the grounds

deadheadskier

Staff member
The last part is big. Like I said, friends tents searched, harrassed on the way to the bathrooms etc. In the past. As far as I'm concerned, the only searching that should occur is upon entry to the festival and while entering the concert field if they have a liquor license. The random tent searches they have done in the past were total BS.

Glad they've gotten the message via social media that people were pissed. It apparently helped initiate needed change.

Funky_Catskills

My only complaint is the lawn chairs below the soundboard..
LAst year they were good - kept the lazy old people up high above the soundboard.. This year... Not so much..
Random islands of unused lawnchairs - that were actually roped together.. Really annoying... We were dragging them to the side.. F that BS...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Never been to a festival or outdoor show at west, but I hear "land grabs" via either chairs or blankets is quite normal. Agreed that it's BS, especially in front of the soundboard. GA is GA. You don't get to "reserve" your dance space by showing up at 9AM and placing a chair

Funky_Catskills

Never been to a festival or outdoor show at west, but I hear "land grabs" via either chairs or blankets is quite normal. Agreed that it's BS, especially in front of the soundboard. GA is GA. You don't get to "reserve" your dance space by showing up at 9AM and placing a chair

yup..... GA is GA - great quote...

And to just leave them empty is stupid.. We were grabbing them and hauling them to the side.. at one point we were dragging 6 chairs that were tied together... ?

We had some people pissed - but there was enough of us that there was nothing they could do...

Don't F with Deadheads when we need room to dance... hahahaha...