• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Vermont Reports Record Breaking Season

JimG.

Staff member
What did he say...:dontknow:

He can tell it's summer when these debates pop up; where he lives 80 miles from NYC is the country; he doesn't miss the long commute to work which sucked. Feels bad for folks from CT who have to make that hike every day.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

He can tell it's summer when these debates pop up; where he lives 80 miles from NYC is the country; he doesn't miss the long commute to work which sucked. Feels bad for folks from CT who have to make that hike every day.

Exactly!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

I'm up here in the northern tip of Fairfield county (not the filthy rich part, but we pay the taxes anyway) and I don't understand all the people that commute 45-60 minutes to work near the city. Lot's of commuters to White Plains. It's over a two hour train ride from Danbury to Grand Central (with a transfer). To do that everyday is insane.

VTKilarney

Most people that live in Eastern CT do so because they DON'T want to live in a big city/big suburbia environment - at least that's been my experience the last 14yrs living there :)

I think you'll find that most were born there.

VTKilarney

I'm up here in the northern tip of Fairfield county (not the filthy rich part, but we pay the taxes anyway) and I don't understand all the people that commute 45-60 minutes to work near the city. Lot's of commuters to White Plains. It's over a two hour train ride from Danbury to Grand Central (with a transfer). To do that everyday is insane.

I had a friend that commuted 3.5 hours each way for years. Deep River, CT to New York City. Almost all by train.

steamboat1

It's over an hour commute to Manhattan from where I live in Brooklyn on a good day, often longer. Did that for over 25 years & I worked downtown. In fact my daughter rented an apartment in Manhattan just so she wouldn't have to commute that long to her job in midtown everyday. She still comes home most weekends.

BenedictGomez

I lived in Manhattan and had a 40 minute commute to my job in Manhattan.

It can be bad even if you LIVE there.