• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Tubing?

Cornhead

The recent thread about the snow tubing lawsuit got me wondering. I've never done it, nor has my Son either. If you can ski or board, what's the point?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The recent thread about the snow tubing lawsuit got me wondering. I've never done it, nor has my Son either. If you can ski or board, what's the point?

It allows unathletic people to go fast on snow. Last and only time was my nieces birthday at Big boulder in the 90's
Doesn't appeal to me . But if it gets some revenue to the resorts I guess that a win.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I've done it twice, Butternut and Woodbury both 6+ years ago. Butternut was very boring with half a dozen lanes that went straight. Woodbury was fun as it was more of an "extreme" course with banked turns and rolls in the terrain.

deadheadskier

Staff member
At Shawnee Peak in Maine, they have big air tubing. They've got a big air jump into an air bag that they allow skiers to use during the day and tubes only at night. Fun as Hell on a tube.

dlague

I have been tubing a couple of times at pats peak and the point made earlier about what the point is exactly correct - skiing and snowboarding much more fun. However, for those who do neither it is a way to have some kind of fun on the snow

steamboat1

Rode horse drawn sleighs into the wilderness near Stoneham, Quebec. After a 1/2 hour ride we arrived to a hill similar to a bobsled course. Horses & sleighs took us to the top of the course. It was set up so a horse pulled white water rafts to the top. Horse went downhill. rafts went up. We rode the rafts down. What a great day.

Only other time I tubed was at Whaleback many moons ago.

Both times with 3 generations of steamboats.

Cornhead

All thrill, no skill!

This statement reminds me of zip lining, I do admit the first run 600 ft off the ground was pretty thrilling, but I never felt in danger. When you look down a gnarly ski trail, there's definitely a chance of getting injured.