• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Deal Thread

skiNEwhere

snoseek

And now I'm shopping online and looking at gear. In June. The summer detox just went into overdrive. R.I.P. acct

dlague

Oh boy this could get dangerous.....

yup

Loyal ski shop people should show up soon or ski shop employees.

And now I'm shopping online and looking at gear. In June. The summer detox just went into overdrive. R.I.P. acct

I always start looking for gear in the summer. I find the best deals then. At this time I am shopping for skis bindings and boots for my son and another family is wanting some help to buy gear for two adults and two kids.

BTW, Gearbuyer.com, helps you automatically track pricing based on what you may be willing to pay and shows where the best price is. It works pretty good but is not perfect.

I best deals generally come from Evo.com, Skis.com levelninesports.com, ebay.com (asogear), the-house.com. Occasionally, I find stuff on rei.com or backcountry.com

Pants and Jackets - sierratradingpost.com/, http://www.sunandski.com/, http://www.sportchalet.com/home.do and some of those mentioned above.

Happy gear buying season!

yeggous

I love the idea of this thread. I have my eye out for 95-100mm all mountain skis. I'm looking to move my Rossi E88s into the role of venerable rock skis.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Skis.com tent sale. 3 Days Only - Extra 10% Off the Tent SaleI didn't look but thought I'd post

Shop the Tent Sale & SAVE!

View in Web Browser
TIM.LAMPHERE@FMR.COM

xwhaler

dlague

Level9 and Skis.com have some decent buys but nothing to get me to pull trigger yet.
Am looking for a all mtn, but groomer oriented carving ski that I will use on all but powder days going fwd.
Surface Watch Lifes are going to be deployed on the deep days which is really where they are most comfortable.

something in the general vein of this

http://www.skis.com/Atomic-Nomad-Blackeye-Ti-Skis-with-XTO-12-Bindings-2015/360556P,default,pd.html

Rossignol Sin 7 or Rossignol Experience 100 are nice carvers. I have Dynastar Cham 97 skis and they are great on powder and carver like a dream.

yeggous

Level9 and Skis.com have some decent buys but nothing to get me to pull trigger yet.
Am looking for a all mtn, but groomer oriented carving ski that I will use on all but powder days going fwd.
Surface Watch Lifes are going to be deployed on the deep days which is really where they are most comfortable.

something in the general vein of this

http://www.skis.com/Atomic-Nomad-Blackeye-Ti-Skis-with-XTO-12-Bindings-2015/360556P,default,pd.html

I am sympathetic to your cause. I am in the market for a 95-100m all mountain ski. I already have original E88s so I am looking fir something more bump friendly. Nordica NRGY 100 came to mind but they are very hard to find on clearance.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

If I could find the E88 with bindings for a decent price I'd probably get those. Seem to be pretty $ now though. Maybe next month the '16 models start coming in and the previous yrs drop

deadheadskier

Staff member
I am sympathetic to your cause. I am in the market for a 95-100m all mountain ski. I already have original E88s so I am looking fir something more bump friendly. Nordica NRGY 100 came to mind but they are very hard to find on clearance.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

I haven't tried the NRGY series, but wouldn't think they'd be more bump friendly than the E88. The NRGY 100 being wider, longer TR and metal reinforced are all qualities that suggest they'd be tougher to ski in bumps than the E88.

I'll be testing several skis this winter looking to replace my Fischer Motive 84s. Also looking for improved bump performance. Maybe I'm searching for something that doesn't exist though and I'm just getting older and can't ski bumps as well as I used to. :lol:

Puck it

Anyone have any experience with these?
Seems like a nice deal with bindings. I like the Ti reinforcement for some added stiffness even though I know the trade off is bump performance.

http://www.levelninesports.com/Head-Rev-80-R-Sw-Skis-Wprd-11-Bindings

The Rev was replacement for the monster series. They were terrible when the first ones came out. They took all of the metal out and they became an Intermediate ski. I don't think they got back to the way to the way the Monsters skied. They just brought back the Monster series back. This is just like Nordica reprinting the H&B series with the Nrgy's. I loved my monster 88's.

xwhaler

The Rev was replacement for the monster series. They were terrible when the first ones came out. They took all of the metal out and they became an Intermediate ski. I don't think they got back to the way to the way the Monsters skied. They just brought back the Monster series back. This is just like Nordica reprinting the H&B series with the Nrgy's. I loved my monster 88's.

Good stuff thanks...seems their "Pro" series does have metal so wonder if they would be suitable?
I like the specs/shape of this ski as it seems like a nice blend of groomers and some early rise rocker for the soft.
My watch lifes have limited float and are just simply too flat. Ideally I would get a groomer ski and a bump/soft snow ski to pair with the Surface for powder but right now just looking to have a 2 ski quiver.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/ski-packa...d-rev-85-pro-skis-sx-10-bindings-2014-177.jpg

Last edited:

dlague

Just scored a sweet deal IMO. My son wanted a symmetrical twin tip Park and Pipe ski with enough width under foot to make it all mountain (112-85-112). Looking around I found the 2015 Volkl Ledge. I found several others but that is the one he likes best. Initially, the prices are around $249-$279 which as not too bad already. But I waited for the 4th of July sales and Ski Essential (link below) has them on sale for $199 - even better. Then I remembered that Evo does price guarantee with and additional 5% off - sweet now $189. That IMO is a decent price for those skis. BTW they were $249 at Evo but with the Lowest Price Guarantee it worked out well.

The lengths are 147, 155, 163, 171, 179

http://www.skiessentials.com/skis/men-s-skis/2015-volkl-ledge-skis.html

volkl ledge.png