• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer Deal Thread

xwhaler

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/no...terString=s~nordica-steadfast/&colorFamily=01

http://Blizzard 2013/2014 Magnum 8.0 TI Alpine Skis

Whoa! Crazy deals on STP...thanks for the heads up.

I'm here in my hotel room in China for business, it is 4pm local time 95 degrees outside with 90% humidity and I just got back from the pool--but rocking my AZ cap and MRG shirt....skiing on the brain!

Just pulled the trigger on 2 skis! Found my hardpack carving ski and couldn't pass up the Nordica Steadfast which I demoed a few yrs ago and loved.
$354 shipped for both! Couldn't say NO!

Likely this retires the Surface Watch Lifes as I will just use the Nordicas on any non-hardpack day including powder.

Last edited:

xwhaler

The Blizzards seem to be very capable and at home going fast on hardpack conditions with just a touch of rocker.....basically exactly what I was looking for.

The Steadfasts were pure impulse buy....could not pass up the price for a ski I know I will like.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Xwhaler? Do you have your cell phone with you in China? I shot you a text about those Blizzards. Haha

You just returned the favor. I hadn't noticed the Steadfasts. After buying the Vagabond last year I've been wanting the Steadfast for my daily driver and couldn't find a new pair anywhere; never mind at $180 shipped.

Had to buy them at that price. :daffy:

xwhaler

Xwhaler? Do you have your cell phone with you in China? I shot you a text about those Blizzards. Haha

You just returned the favor. I hadn't noticed the Steadfasts. After buying the Vagabond last year I've been wanting the Steadfast for my daily driver and couldn't find a new pair anywhere; never mind at $180 shipped.

Had to buy them at that price. :daffy:
Have my phone with me but haven't turned it on since leaving JFK last Monday....have a work phone on a global plan I've been using along with my laptop. Really just stumbled on the Blizzards----the reviews are very solid.

The Steadfasts are a great ski---demo'd them a few yrs ago at Okemo and really liked them. As you said, silly to pass them up at that $

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm tempted by the Blizzards as well, but don't like sleeping on the couch. I also think I eventually want to go with a true race ski for groomer days.

For now I think I'll just put a race tune with a big bevel on my Motives and save them for the real hard pack days.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I put the coupon code in at checkout, but for some reason it didn't take. Maybe because these were close outs? Either way, I'm plenty happy with Steadfasts for $180 delivered.

xwhaler

Ditto, tried both the 35% and 20% codes and they didn't work. It's funny, the last skis I bought were over July4th wknd---4 yrs ago.
Need to keep this in mind as it seems the deals are quite good.

Tin

Found some super cheap, new in box, Volvo bars for my Swedish snowmoose at a local dealer. Originally $280 down to $135. No more worrying about getting impaled by skis when I drive.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150702_102613.jpg
    20150702_102613.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 206

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty funny Chris. I told Jess on the way home from VT today that I bought myself an early 40th birthday present and you were partially to blame. She got this super serious and pissed off look on her face like I've never seen before from her. So I sheepishly say I bought new skis, but they were really cheap.

This wave of relief came over her face and she said, "phew. I really thought you were going to tell me you bought a boat."

Haha

Highway Star

The Rev was replacement for the monster series. They were terrible when the first ones came out. They took all of the metal out and they became an Intermediate ski. I don't think they got back to the way to the way the Monsters skied. They just brought back the Monster series back. This is just like Nordica reprinting the H&B series with the Nrgy's. I loved my monster 88's.

I think you should learn skis a bit better, buddy boy, those new monsters are certainly nothing like the original monster im88. But hey, if you want a neutered tourist ski with a max length of 184, they will probably be fine for you. Heck, I ski a couple of head's biggest freeride skis in 191cm and they aren't hard to handle.

On a side note, I picked up a pair of Blizzard Bodacious in the 196cm from STP. Weighing in at almost 12lb blank, 2-1/2 sheets of Ti, 118mm waist, with a 32m turning radius.......now that is a manly man's ski. Should be pretty good in northeastern woods.

Puck it

I think you should learn skis a bit better, buddy boy, those new monsters are certainly nothing like the original monster im88. But hey, if you want a neutered tourist ski with a max length of 184, they will probably be fine for you. Heck, I ski a couple of head's biggest freeride skis in 191cm and they aren't hard to handle.
You are a fucking idiot! Where did I say the new monsters were like the old ones?

Puck it

I put the coupon code in at checkout, but for some reason it didn't take. Maybe because these were close outs? Either way, I'm plenty happy with Steadfasts for $180 delivered.
Just put coupon code in for the 20% off and got thi

SALE: $164.54 $549.95 Compare at $749.00 Save 78%

deadheadskier

Staff member
Don't know what to tell you. I put it in, checked the spelling twice and it didn't go through. Maybe it was a phone / internet network issue.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it. If the skis were $250 I still would have made the purchase.

Puck it

Ditto, tried both the 35% and 20% codes and they didn't work. It's funny, the last skis I bought were over July4th wknd---4 yrs ago.
Need to keep this in mind as it seems the deals are quite good.
They were closeouts.

yeggous

They were closeouts.

STP offers several codes at the same time. Some are valid for close outs. Some exclude skis and boats, etc. you really have to read the fine print. Code that come via email will only be valid for your account.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

mishka

Found some super cheap, new in box, Volvo bars for my Swedish snowmoose at a local dealer. Originally $280 down to $135. No more worrying about getting impaled by skis when I drive.

nice ;-) now you need skibox look at CL

xwhaler

Pretty funny Chris. I told Jess on the way home from VT today that I bought myself an early 40th birthday present and you were partially to blame. She got this super serious and pissed off look on her face like I've never seen before from her. So I sheepishly say I bought new skis, but they were really cheap.

This wave of relief came over her face and she said, "phew. I really thought you were going to tell me you bought a boat."

Haha
Haha love it...can absolutely relate in more ways than 1!