• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015/16 Ski Trip Planning..

POW

So as we approach July 4th all I can think about is how many more days until flakes begin to fly and it got me wondering...has anyone already made plans for the upcoming season? I've started checking air for a return to B.C. At the end of Feb.

prsboogie

Other than buying season passes, nothing yet. I'm hoping the steals and deals will come out soon but I feel the same way.

drjeff

Reserved our timeshare in Park City for Presidents Week abut a month ago when the window to book opened up

ThinkSnow

Planning a trip to ski Le Massif/Mont-Sainte-Anne/Stoneham during 2016 Quebec winter carnival.

UT trip planning to follow.

crank

We have 2 week long western trips planned already. First is Aspen the first week of February meeting up with some Epicskiers. The second is Jackson Hole the first week of March with our ski club.

jaytrem

A friend and I booked flights to Prince George BC a couple months ago when it was available with miles. Also booked the rental car, but will hopefully rebook if the prices drop. I always figure the earlier I book the more time I have to look forward to the trip.

dlague

I got a call from a Breckenridge timeshare to stay for three days for $99 (not per night) and the unit holds up to 4 people. No black outs and can use anytime over the next 2 years! Seems to good to be true - obviously part of one day would be blown taking a tour! They are also provide lift tickets for $75 each.

HowieT2

So as we approach July 4th all I can think about is how many more days until flakes begin to fly and it got me wondering...has anyone already made plans for the upcoming season? I've started checking air for a return to B.C. At the end of Feb.

me too. looking at 2/28. Hopefully going to Nelson to ski whitewater and some cat skiing. what about you?

POW

me too. looking at 2/28. Hopefully going to Nelson to ski whitewater and some cat skiing. what about you?

For me it's Whistler- looking at the last week of February. I was out there last year and the snowpack from mid mtn and below was just awful and still ended up leaving after 9 days there with a big smile and great memories. The place has been keeping me from experiencing other resorts out west.

snoseek

I'll be hanging back in the sierra for another fantastic season of skiing on rocks and grass.

steamboat1

No plans except to hang around central/northern VT. If I go west it's usually April & dependent on snow here & there. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

HowieT2

For me it's Whistler- looking at the last week of February. I was out there last year and the snowpack from mid mtn and below was just awful and still ended up leaving after 9 days there with a big smile and great memories. The place has been keeping me from experiencing other resorts out west.

Ive sadly never been to whistler. With the exchange rate where it is, Canada is a bargain.

Smellytele

I got a call from a Breckenridge timeshare to stay for three days for $99 (not per night) and the unit holds up to 4 people. No black outs and can use anytime over the next 2 years! Seems to good to be true - obviously part of one day would be blown taking a tour! They are also provide lift tickets for $75 each.

Did this in 2014. Talk to SKI Stef on here she works there. I got a room upgrade to a condo at Beaver Run (I think it was Beaver Run anyway) for an extra 75. The deal also came with 2 lift tickets I had to buy 2 more 75 for the 2 of them. I never went on the tour but talked to the timeshare guy for like an hour and half. Well worth

yeggous

This remains an open question to me. I know people who are working with group trip providers trying to find a deal. There is a weeklong trip to Steamboat for $1600 including airfare and ground that I am considering. A similar package to Winter Park for $1100 is also being offered.

I may just settle for weekend trip in Tahoe or Utah. My company has offices in San Francisco and Salt Lake City so I can probably find an excuse to go west.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

skiNEwhere

I want to do chamonix and la grave once and for all this year. Granted, I said that last season as well.