• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015/16 Ski Trip Planning..

prsboogie

This remains an open question to me. I know people who are working with group trip providers trying to find a deal. There is a weeklong trip to Steamboat for $1600 including airfare and ground that I am considering. A similar package to Winter Park for $1100 is also being offered.

I may just settle for weekend trip in Tahoe or Utah. My company has offices in San Francisco and Salt Lake City so I can probably find an excuse to go west.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Think I would go with the winter park for 500 less!

Brad J

Going to Utah in January for annual guys ski trip, Granite pass , and Fox 44 card, would like to bring my wife to Alta in April to end the season.

Edd

I'll be hanging back in the sierra for another fantastic season of skiing on rocks and grass.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Tahoe makes a triumphant return next year. I think the we'll make that a priority destination if the snow flies for real.

snoseek

Keeping my fingers crossed that Tahoe makes a triumphant return next year. I think the we'll make that a priority destination if the snow flies for real.

I like to think we've hit rock bottom but who knows. Stay away from early season....usually. Let me know what you need if you come. I work a fair amount now but also ski a lot...usually at Kirkwood. Discount vouchers for you if you need. Also you know what!

Edd

I like to think we've hit rock bottom but who knows. Stay away from early season....usually. Let me know what you need if you come. I work a fair amount now but also ski a lot...usually at Kirkwood. Discount vouchers for you if you need. Also you know what!

Yeah, I'd definitely be in touch.

mbedle

Booked the Stowe condo for February a couple of days after leaving this year. Going to head down to Stratton for a couple of days in February for the East Coast Expression Sessions. Always head to southern Vermont around Christmas time with my brother and kids. End of March will be back up in Stowe for another week, hopefully a little warming this year!

jimk

I did a 9 week trip last season skiing in CO, UT, CA, and WY. Might do 30 days in CO next winter. Not sure yet.

dlague

We are waiting to see where our Army son will be stationed stateside. Right now he is hoping for Fort Carson or Fort Lewis and so are we!

BenedictGomez

I was contemplating a ski trip to Utah this winter, but if the price of oil keeps dropping I might have to go to British Columbia or Alberta instead (I've been to Lake Louise. Whistler maybe? Revelstoke?). Or I could just be boring and go to Vermont for a week like I normally do.

jaytrem

I was contemplating a ski trip to Utah this winter, but if the price of oil keeps dropping I might have to go to British Columbia or Alberta instead (I've been to Lake Louise. Whistler maybe? Revelstoke?). Or I could just be boring and go to Vermont for a week like I normally do.

Yeah, the exchange rate is pretty crazy right now. I booked a flight to Prince George BC a while back, I should probably try to prepay for all the hotels in case the rate changes. At the current rate, for 8 days of skiing, I'm looking at about $650 for flight, rental car, hotels and lift tickets (used miles for the flight).

BenedictGomez

Yeah, the exchange rate is pretty crazy right now. I booked a flight to Prince George BC a while back,

Where are you skiing?

At the current rate, for 8 days of skiing, I'm looking at about $650 for flight, rental car, hotels and lift tickets (used miles for the flight).

I have about 1/4 million frequent flier miles. This would probably be a good use. In fact, the last time I booked a rewards trip it was to Calgary (would have been a ~$600 flight).

jaytrem

Where are you skiing?

Purden
Powder King
Tabor
Murray Ridge
Hudson Bay
Shames
Troll
Timothy

I'll also try to check out Hart Highlands and Little Mac if possible, they're just rope tow type places.

Interior BC is amazing if you've got the time/desire to get there. Liked it so much I went 4 years in a row. I mean the more southern places, not where I'm heading this year, these will all be new to me.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Purden
Powder King
Tabor
Murray Ridge
Hudson Bay
Shames
Troll
Timothy

I'll also try to check out Hart Highlands and Little Mac if possible, they're just rope tow type places.

Interior BC is amazing if you've got the time/desire to get there. Liked it so much I went 4 years in a row. I mean the more southern places, not where I'm heading this year, these will all be new to me.

How long is the trip and where are you staying to keep hotel costs so low?

jaytrem

How long is the trip and where are you staying to keep hotel costs so low?

Flying out Sat and coming home on the 2nd Monday. Unfortunately you can't get in any real skiing in the day of arrival or departure. I have one friend that wants to go the super cheap route. So were staying at a combination of Econo Lodge, Aspen Inn, Best Western and Super 8. There is a real nice house in Prince George on VRBO that's very tempting. But I don't mind the cheaper route, at least we'll all have our own bed each night and the hotels all get good reviews.

gmcunni

please don't laugh at me but .... anyone know best options for discount tickets in CO, specifically Breckenridge, for April?

Liftopia has nothing.

yes - a basin and loveland are cheaper, i know.