• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

June 2015: Winter is approaching!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Just bought a new pair of all leather gloves from Reliable Racing. Guess I should was my parka and pants.... Signed on with another ski club with houses on two mountains! :thumbup:

fbrissette

In my case, i've got to lose 10 pounds before I deserve to get myself new lightweight dynafit touring bindings. Before September for sure.

Just bought a new pair of Dynastar Cham 107s from Evo. Christmas in June! Love summer, but we've hit the turn calendar wise.

SkiFanE

It hasn't even been hot humid and hellish yet - I despise that weather. When I'm forced to close windows and run AC, I'm miserable. So yeah...wish we could skip past that stuff and head right to Oct. Although hanging in hammock now, after work on nice day ain't too shabby lol

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We still have a small patch of snow in our front yard - I think today might be the day it finally disappears. We've had an unbelievable stretch of amazing summer weather for about a week now.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It hasn't even been hot humid and hellish yet - I despise that weather. When I'm forced to close windows and run AC, I'm miserable. So yeah...wish we could skip past that stuff and head right to Oct. Although hanging in hammock now, after work on nice day ain't too shabby lol

I have zero tolerance for humidity. I was pouring sweat yesterday when it was only 68 degrees because the humidity in my town was 96%. Half way through the day I gave up and put the AC on.

dlague

I have zero tolerance for humidity. I was pouring sweat yesterday when it was only 68 degrees because the humidity in my town was 96%. Half way through the day I gave up and put the AC on.

I agree! We played golf on that soup then came home and turned on the AC. Hate the heat big time.

dlague

Yup many want summer, but when it gets hot everyone runs inside where there is AC or they run to water that is cooler. Without either the heat just plain sucks! When it gets hot, you can take only so much clothing off and you are still not comfortable, when it gets cold you can always add layers and go for it! I will that the latter.

SkiFanE

The central AC has been on since the beginning of May in my house! I can't stand it!

We have window A/C, and we never prepare and put them in ahead of time. So when it's finally a heat wave, we cave, and sweat putting them in. And then don't bother with the upstair units - the window fans work fine. I think last summer we used them maybe 7 days, not too much. If it wasn't for me being due at end of August with one of my kiddos, we'd probably still be suffering haha. Days like today (80 and humid) don't bother me, and we're in woodsy n'hood, so unless it's 3 days of 90*, the house stays cool enough so we don't need the A/C.

Can't wait for the first sniff of snow...

deadheadskier

Staff member
We have window units as well, but I'm the opposite. I can hesitate turning them on in the living room and use a fan, but I compromise with my wife to 70 in the bedroom. Ideally I want 66-68 with no humidity while sleeping.

First world problems I know

dlague

We have window units as well, but I'm the opposite. I can hesitate turning them on in the living room and use a fan, but I compromise with my wife to 70 in the bedroom. Ideally I want 66-68 with no humidity while sleeping.

We have central air and the problem with that is - it is very easy to kick on the moment it is uncomfortable. It is like heat, we commit to not using until a certain date but always cave.

Puck it

We have central air and the problem with that is - it is very easy to kick on the moment it is uncomfortable. It is like heat, we commit to not using until a certain date but always cave.
It also keeps all the pollen out of the house

SkiFanE

Americans are a bunch of pussy's haha. A/C certainly is a life/death issue for those with Resp illnesses.

I find having the window fan blow air over a nearly naked body is very cooling, even on hottest nights. USually I even need a sheet. I bet you end up making your house cold then putting on blankets to keep from getting chilly. Naw..you're not contributing to global warming lmao. I don't do this and suffer through all in the name of frugality, love of the earth, etc... because I'm really never suffering, even if I hate HH, I sleep just fine and like the fresh outside air - no allergies and fear of pollen lol. But the hardest part is when you have to adjust from cool A/C of office to humid warmth.

skiNEwhere

We still have a small patch of snow in our front yard - I think today might be the day it finally disappears. We've had an unbelievable stretch of amazing summer weather for about a week now.

Wow you got me beat, my last patch disappeared like a week and a half ago. Can still see some in the distance though about a mile away
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1435086149.741802.jpg

As cold and windy as the winters are here, the summer are a great escape from the heat. Yesterday was the highest temp I've ever recorded, 78 degrees. If it ever gets much hotter than that though I'm screwed, I don't have any AC or central air installed.