• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

June 2015: Winter is approaching!

dlague

I use Ac a lot. I work in warehouse so it gets hot and swesweatya
But I keep it on low fan and not to cool to keep bill not to experience I've in my room. In the loop living room ( dogs bed room () we keep on 72 overnight with really excellent cheap Ac unit in the wall. I have heat and humidity

I use AC a lot. I work in warehouse so it gets hot and sweaty.
But I keep it on low fan and not to cool for the one I have in my room, to keep the bill so that it is not too expensive. In the other living room (dogs bed room) we keep it on 72 overnight with really excellent cheap AC unit in the wall. I hate heat and humidity

I hate the heat and Humidity too!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I use Ac a lot. I work in warehouse so it gets hot and swesweatya
But I keep it on low fan and not to cool to keep bill not to experience I've in my room. In the loop living room ( dogs bed room () we keep on 72 overnight with really excellent cheap Ac unit in the wall. I have heat and humidity

I use AC a lot. I work in warehouse so it gets hot and sweaty.
But I keep it on low fan and not to cool for the one I have in my room, to keep the bill so that it is not too expensive. In the other living room (dogs bed room) we keep it on 72 overnight with really excellent cheap AC unit in the wall. I hate heat and humidity

I hate the heat and Humidity too!
What did you do? Use Google translator?

Scruffy

I LOVE the summer. There I said it! I love the heat. I don't have AC at home or at work. I can't stand going to places that have AC. It drives me nuts that stores, restaurants, etc crank up the AC to the point that you need a coat when everyone is wearing shorts and t-shirts. I seriously don't get it. I barely ever go inside in the summer anyway.

I love winter for the snow. But I'll take long days and warm weather anytime.

+1

Hate AC, last AC used I used in my house was a an old window unit, summer of about 1989, kept it in the garage for 20 some years without use until it finally went in the dumpster a few years ago during a remodel.

I love summer, but could do without the dog-days though. I just purchased a kevlar and carbon fiber compsoit canoe for boku bucks, I need some more summer in the DAKs to justify it. I have a few more trout to catch before I'd like to see snow. Not to mention my Maine summer fix has yet to be satisfied.. so go summer haters, ahead and dream of snow flakes if you like, but enjoy what's in front of you .. life is too short my friends, make every day count.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't know how people live without AC. My northern Irish blood can't handle life without it.

Unless I'm at the gym, I can't stand sweating. Windows open with fans running isn't enough for me to stay cool and dry.

dlague

I don't know how people live without AC. My northern Irish blood can't handle life without it.

Unless I'm at the gym, I can't stand sweating. Windows open with fans running isn't enough for me to stay cool and dry.

I hear you!

And on another note, I will enjoy summer because I have to pass through it. I happen to like winter much better. However, I will bike, hike, kayak, surf, bodyboard, golf and have fun but none of those beat skiing for me. I will have fun though.

JimG.

Staff member
i use ac a lot. I work in warehouse so it gets hot and sweaty.
But i keep it on low fan and not to cool for the one i have in my room, to keep the bill so that it is not too expensive. In the other living room (dogs bed room) we keep it on 72 overnight with really excellent cheap ac unit in the wall. I hate heat and humidity

i hate the heat and humidity too!

lol!

bigbog

..... I just purchased a kevlar and carbon fiber compsoit canoe for boku bucks, I need some more summer in the DAKs to justify it. I have a few more trout to catch before I'd like to see snow. Not to mention my Maine summer fix has yet to be satisfied......

You lucky SOB Scruffy...nothing like CarboKev for canoes. I miss one that I sold in late 90s..but will get one before next spring.
Hardly any humidity up here(Greenville northward) so far...unreal. Lighter-Outlet plug-in fan has worked really well = so much more comfortable than the Xterra's stock AC..whose compressor purchase I just blew off.
Visited a few areas over the weekend where blackflies ruled three weeks ago...but the dragonflies have gotten after them = so comfortable without the hordes of blackflies....just normal now, but there's still need for bug dope/headnet in areas....terrific fly hatches as well.

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
:idea:

Happy July 1st! There's no skiing in the months of June, July, August, and September (assuming that Killington can open in October). Then this is the 2nd of the 4 no-skiing months. 2 of 4 is a half. HALFWAY!!!!! REJOICE!!!! :fangun: :beer:

dlague

When's it gonna snow? :snow:

Technically 1/4 of the way since July just started, but who's counting. In any case, the fact that it is July makes it seem like summer if flying by. The temps have been cooler and the rain has limited activities on weekends. First year in a long time where we did not go to the beach once in June. So far it has been perfect golfing, kayaking/paddle boarding and MTB weather. Does not appear to be any significant warm ups in the near future outside of a few low 80's days. I am looking forward to the first signs of leaf color changes in August - that is when I START GETTING STOKED!

skiNEwhere

Has killington ever opened in September? Or even had enough snow at the top to earn turns?

chuckstah

They were never officially open in September, but one year turns could be had for an hour or so for employees, and maybe a lucky few others for the camera.

Brad J

I replace my skiing passion with the ocean during the summer in my 26' sailboat, a little cursing , a little racing, this works to Columbus weekend then its full on prep for snow. been doing this for 32 years and counting.