• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Father's Day to all Dads

dlague

What a better gift then to realize that nights will start getting longer setting the course towards Ski Season.

JimG.

Staff member
Happy Father's Day to you too Dave and AZ dads in general. All 3 of my boys are home right now, it's really nice.

Since we are at the solstice I think you mean that the days will now start to get shorter?

steamboat1

Happy Fathers Day to all dads. It's a sad fathers day for me having lost my 33 year old nephew who was also a father less than 3 weeks ago. We'd normally have 3 generations of steamboat dads going out to dinner together. Not this year. We're not getting together at all. Just doesn't feel right at this point.

JimG.

Staff member
Sorry about your nephew steamboat...I lost my father last April and today still has had its' ups and downs.

dlague

Happy Fathers Day to all dads. It's a sad fathers day for me having lost my 33 year old nephew who was also a father less than 3 weeks ago. We'd normally have 3 generations of steamboat dads going out to dinner together. Not this year. We're not getting together at all. Just doesn't feel right at this point.

Sorry to hear!

dlague

Happy Father's Day to you too Dave and AZ dads in general. All 3 of my boys are home right now, it's really nice.

Since we are at the solstice I think you mean that the days will now start to get shorter?

6 of one half dozen of the other

JimG.

Staff member
6 of one half dozen of the other

My fishing buddies think I'm crazy because every summer solstice I pour an ounce of rum into whatever body of water we are on to celebrate. Not a voodoo thing, just happens to be a favorite fishing beverage.

I like summer and long days, but I'm always looking forward to the next ski day.