• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015-2016 Injury List...

Puck it

If that's looking better, I'd hate to see it after the fall.

So, judging by the bruising g the fractures were a bit lower on the humerus? Typically you see them up high around the surgical neck and tubercles.

Hope the discomfort is abating and you're getting some sleep.
Ortho said I would see bruising all the way down to elbow. It was more colorful early in the week. Fracture is high up. I will post pic when I figure how to open the files. Sleeping still sucks.

rocks860

Man that sucks. Sleeping has sucked for me since I always sleep on my right side and it's my right shoulder but I can't imagine what it's like with that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have had a bum left shoulder for about five years. My GP sent me to rehab instead of Ortho as he sees way too many unnecessary surgeries.

The rehab visits when things get bad have helped, but I think a bigger help was training myself to sleep on my right side. I had slept on the left my whole life.

Puck it

Saw ortho this morning. Still looks good. Saw film finally. Break is at top near rotator cuff. The soft tissue damage won't be known until bone heal thus his 3 month prognosis. Two more weeks in the sling. I can start some minor PT of swing the arm while hanging it straight down.

dlague

In my case I think it was just a freak patch of ice right at the runout to the lift. My one ski basically flew into my other ski and knocked my feet out from under me.

That happened to my wife this weekend. Coming down Gondi Line, she was on edge and her inside ski followed a frozen cat track making it go straight. One thing I taught her is to never fight the fall and fell gracefully. That being said she hit the side of her knee and left a really nice ski/binding bruise. Luckily she still was able to ski a little and iced it when we got home from SL. We are watching it

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

That happened to my wife this weekend. Coming down Gondi Line, she was on edge and her inside ski followed a frozen cat track making it go straight. One thing I taught her is to never fight the fall and fell gracefully. That being said she hit the side of her knee and left a really nice ski/binding bruise. Luckily she still was able to ski a little and iced it when we got home from SL. We are watching it

Yeah I definitely don't think I fell gracefully. Lost both skis and poles

rocks860

On the plus side they gave me a voucher for another ticket which I was not expecting. It was like 11:30 or 1140 when it happened and probably 12:30 when I got checked out by the patroller but they gave me a full day voucher. So now I've still got one ticket out of a quad pack and a voucher to use. Hopefully I can get back out this year

dlague

On the plus side they gave me a voucher for another ticket which I was not expecting. It was like 11:30 or 1140 when it happened and probably 12:30 when I got checked out by the patroller but they gave me a full day voucher. So now I've still got one ticket out of a quad pack and a voucher to use. Hopefully I can get back out this year

That is good! Burke did that for my wife when she broke her shoulder on her first run. I took her to the local hospital in St J and they would not comp me even though my day was done.

dlague

Nice coloring!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1454372696.231238.jpg

dlague

Well defined ski and binding bruise! I have to hand it to her, she skied a several more runs and sat out a run while having a Bloody Ceasar. She then skied from Bullwinkles to the base.

dlague

She will not miss a beat! Back at it on Saturday.

rocks860

Saw the ortho yesterday (well at least the PA) and based on the fact that it's not popping out all the time and there doesn't appear to be any structural damage when they examined it they said wait a couple weeks and come back, no mri at this point. They seem to think it will heal up on its own based on the fact that I skied 2 more days with it like it is. So for now it's a sling, ice and some oxycodone

Smellytele

Saw the ortho yesterday (well at least the PA) and based on the fact that it's not popping out all the time and there doesn't appear to be any structural damage when they examined it they said wait a couple weeks and come back, no mri at this point. They seem to think it will heal up on its own based on the fact that I skied 2 more days with it like it is. So for now it's a sling, ice and some oxycodone

Oxy is evil. Booze is better. Wine is fine but whiskey's quicker.