• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Drone hits plane

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
That is fake. Decent CG but not perfect.

Edit:
I went to the YouTube page for this and one of the comments said something about the text on the wingtip; "Branit.com" which is the website of the person who created the video.

These fake videos are getting disturbingly good at tricking the eyes.

thetrailboss

Staff member
That is fake. Decent CG but not perfect.

Edit:
I went to the YouTube page for this and one of the comments said something about the text on the wingtip; "Branit.com" which is the website of the person who created the video.

These fake videos are getting disturbingly good at tricking the eyes.

OK. Phew. I was wondering why I had not seen anything in the news about this.

FWIW Snowbird now bans the use of drones for skiing/riding and biking.

dlague

Unfortunately, ideas like this could end up being seen by the wrong people and then it becomes a new attack medium! I am sure terrorists have thought about that already.

SkiRay

Well all you need are a bunch of geese released as flights are taking off... But, drones can be easily used to do this. I wonder though if it will or can do that amount of damage.

SkiRay

Since they're made of solid material(s)....get into an engine and one would think it'll seize up/blow. See how accurate your texting is when that happens....

hahahaha - I hope Captain Sully is on board to then land us safely.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Since they're made of solid material(s)....get into an engine and one would think it'll seize up/blow. See how accurate your texting is when that happens....

That would be scary ,I could see a drone taking out a small plane with a strike on the right spot of the tail elevator.
I intentionally hit a plastic grocery bag that was floating in the air , shook the whole aircraft, scared the heck out of me.
Something doesn't need to weigh much to damage.

Almost hit a kite while on a low downwind part of landing pattern , was looking at my landing spot and turned my attention back in front and a fast pull up missed it by inches.

There are tons of hawks, buzzards and eagles around but seldom any strikes there more manuvreable that geese who fly in V pattern.