• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Managers Rejoice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The Clinton administration and its success at decreasing the national debt as a function of GDP was a beautiful bipartisan measure in my opinion,

Too much Credit is given to Clinton for reducing the deficit .
For most of the 90's Oil was under $20 a barrel .
Although he should get credit for lighting the Glass Stegal fuse.

Edd

Another scam by the government is the mortgage bailout. This really pisses me off. I pay my mortgage every month and never late. But someone can be late up to months and are allowed to stay in the house ad gets help to stay. That is f'ing wrong.

You seem way, way, way too worried about what the other kids get and you don't. Yeah, life isn't fair, and isn't going to any time soon. The deadbeats have always been there, and are never going away. They'll always figure out how to get something for nothing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Can we keep this discussion going without politics?

I'd like to remind folks that the majority of the forum doesn't want to see a Democrat vs Republican mud flinging match.

It is a ski forum first and foremost.

You CAN discuss economics without getting into talk radio level partisan pissing contests.

JimG.

Staff member
You seem way, way, way too worried about what the other kids get and you don't. Yeah, life isn't fair, and isn't going to any time soon. The deadbeats have always been there, and are never going away. They'll always figure out how to get something for nothing.

I think Puck it's attitude is quite fair. Deadbeats get things for free because our government (and us) allows it. Why should he feel OK about paying his bills on time and then watch others who do not manage their finances get bailed out? I'm sick of that crap too.

A free market allows failure to occur. If an individual or corporation manages their money poorly why can't our society just let them fail?
It's the same attitude that dictates that winners and losers get a trophy. Believe me, you learn a lot more from failures in your life.

Our current obsession with bailouts will destroy our economy.

Edd

I think Puck it's attitude is quite fair. Deadbeats get things for free because our government (and us) allows it. Why should he feel OK about paying his bills on time and then watch others who do not manage their finances get bailed out? I'm sick of that crap too.

His attitude is. Life isn't and never has been. I'm sympathetic. The Rush Limbaughs of the world prey on these concerns and stoke the fire. The subject touches a nerve with me because I worked with a guy for years (until about a week ago) who would never shut up about this.

When we were young some kid always got an extra Popsicle. That is never changing. Some folks, like you and Puck it, I suppose, have strong sense of fairness. Just isn't realistic to expect it, though. Complain about it, occasionally, sure. Puck it complains a lot.

JimG.

Staff member
His attitude is. Life isn't and never has been. I'm sympathetic. The Rush Limbaughs of the world prey on these concerns and stoke the fire. The subject touches a nerve with me because I worked with a guy for years (until about a week ago) who would never shut up about this.

When we were young some kid always got an extra Popsicle. That is never changing. Some folks, like you and Puck it, I suppose, have strong sense of fairness. Just isn't realistic to expect it, though. Complain about it, occasionally, sure. Puck it complains a lot.

You seem determined to bring politics into this discussion. Yeah, life isn't fair. So what is wrong with letting deadbeats fail? Life isn't fair, you just said it.

I am not conservative or liberal. I don't like putting people into boxes and I don't appreciate you trying to put me into one. I don't listen to the political talking heads and Limbaugh is just a clown to me. So are the rabble rousers on the other side. Please let's not end an interesting and timely discussion because of politics.

I don't know where you grew up but in my neighborhood those who got extra earned it. To imply that Puck it or me are somehow jealous of deadbeats who get bailed out is at best insultingly condescending.

Edd

You seem determined to bring politics into this discussion. Yeah, life isn't fair. So what is wrong with letting deadbeats fail? Life isn't fair, you just said it.

I am not conservative or liberal. I don't like putting people into boxes and I don't appreciate you trying to put me into one. I don't listen to the political talking heads and Limbaugh is just a clown to me. So are the rabble rousers on the other side. Please let's not end an interesting and timely discussion because of politics.

I don't know where you grew up but in my neighborhood those who got extra earned it. To imply that Puck it or me are somehow jealous of deadbeats who get bailed out is at best insultingly condescending.

Let the deadbeats fail, fine by me. They'll always figure out a way to get what they want. Aside from mentioning Rush, I'm not seeing how I'm determined to bring politics into it. Nobody said "jealous", all I said was "complains a lot". It gets to be too much.

JimG.

Staff member
Let the deadbeats fail, fine by me. They'll always figure out a way to get what they want. Aside from mentioning Rush, I'm not seeing how I'm determined to bring politics into it. Nobody said "jealous", all I said was "complains a lot". It gets to be too much.

If it's too much then why read it? And reply to it over and over?

It sounded like you were implying (the word I used, not "said") that we were somehow envious; the childhood popsicle reference reinforced that.

Sorry I misinterpreted your meaning, not the first time I've done that. I like the topic and the feedback and don't want to see the thread locked.

Edd

If it's too much then why read it? And reply to it over and over?

It sounded like you were implying (the word I used, not "said") that we were somehow envious; the childhood popsicle reference reinforced that.

Sorry I misinterpreted your meaning, not the first time I've done that. I like the topic and the feedback and don't want to see the thread locked.

"Used" vs. "said". That is not useful discussion, I assume you'll agree.

I'm busting his balls because he's complained a lot about that issue. This goes far beyond this thread. It encompasses easily over a dozen threads over the years. What I'm doing a bad job of pointing out, is that the rich will take far more of your wealth than the poor ever will. So why complain about the poor scam artists? In no way am I implying that anyone here is jealous of them. I'm sure neither of you want the life of a deadbeat. They may get too much for too little effort, but their life can't be good.

JimG.

Staff member
"Implied" vs. "said"; you didn't say we were jealous, but I thought you implied it.

And now I see what you were trying to say and I don't disagree with you. In many ways the wealthy use the poor for profit. The handouts only serve to keep the poor where they are, just enough to get by but never enough to progress from poverty. That is my main complaint.

Let's move on, disaster averted.

Jully

Too much Credit is given to Clinton for reducing the deficit .
For most of the 90's Oil was under $20 a barrel .
Although he should get credit for lighting the Glass Stegal fuse.

I don't want to give CLINTON the credit. I want to give the administration, house, and Senate credit. Last time significant bipartisan action was successful in my opinion. Don't want to talk about parties though.

I have my own issues with Clinton himself. Sure oil was cheap but why does that reduce any credit given to him? Oil was cheap before Clinton and won't ever reach $20 a barrel but has been cheapish at points since Clinton.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't want to give CLINTON the credit. I want to give the administration, house, and Senate credit. Last time significant bipartisan action was successful in my opinion. Don't want to talk about parties though.

I have my own issues with Clinton himself. Sure oil was cheap but why does that reduce any credit given to him? Oil was cheap before Clinton and won't ever reach $20 a barrel but has been cheapish at points since Clinton.

The Economic condtions were right for an expansion, Cheap oil in my opinion was a big part of that . Anybody that would have been in office at that time would have looked great. His cooperation with congress had to do with the Contract with America success ( Imagine politicians proposing things to actually vote for )at least he was a pragmatist and not an idealog.

The Glass Stegal repeal that was proposed by a the Republicans and only had one Dem vote but Clinton could have Vetoed it.
So the disaster that follwed was also Bi partisan

Puck it

What the fuck? I do not complain about it all the time on here. I know life is not fair that is why I don't want the bailouts.

Edd

What the fuck? I do not complain about it all the time on here. I know life is not fair that is why I don't want the bailouts.

I'm too lazy to dig for quotes and I've spent too much time arguing. I'm bowing out.

VTKilarney

What I'm doing a bad job of pointing out, is that the rich will take far more of your wealth than the poor ever will.
Huh?????? I can see why you're doing a bad job of pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.