• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Personal Watercraft

gmcunni

thought my mid-life crisis ended when i got rid of the BMW convertible but it seems to be back... anyone recommend a reputability dealer of SeaDoo PWC? considering a purchase and looking for a dealer is local to CT and preferable known for good deals.

seadoo site lists 4 in ct but i don't know them (or this market)
DANBURY POWERSPORTS
41 LAKE AVE. EXT., DANBURY, CT, 06811-5247, US

LAND N SEA POWER SPORTS
2974 E. MAIN STREET, WATERBURY, CT, 06705-3422, US

CONNECTICUT POWER AND SPORT
935 N. MAIN STREET EXT., WALLINGFORD, CT, 06492-1824, US

STAMFORD MOTORSPORTS
177 GREENWICH AVE, STAMFORD, CT, 06902-6703, US

Hawkshot99

Jet skis are tons of fun for a day or so.
I love speed, but after a while it gets old. You can't take your family friends out for a relaxing day, need to be off the water before sunset, banned at many bodies of water just to name a few things.
I used to have a neighbor who let me take his when ever I wanted. It w as s fun, but I much prefer boating on a boat.
Go buy a used one and save a ton from someone else who got bored.

HD333

Gotta agree with Hawkshot.
They are fun for a short period of time. They become more fun when you have 2. I'd look for 2 used ones instead of 1 new one, unless of course you have money to burn and can swing 2 new ones.
You can probably get a used nice bow rider for the price of a new SeaDoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmcunni

much like skiing, my wife would not find a day on the lake much fun. plan was to look for 2 used, less expensive jet skis. as said, more fun with more people. between kids and me i figure we can get out couple times a week. lake is 2 miles from home. friends with houses on lakes elsewhere.

found a new model from Seadoo called "spark" cheaper compents has a new price what i was seeing on many older used one. so poking around at the local dealers.

figure to keep them a few years till kids are gone and then sell off

HD333

From what I understand the Sparks are made of plastic not fiberglass. May not hold up as well. I also hear there is not much storage in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimG.

Staff member
If you want to keep it interesting, consider getting a stand up jet ski. Sit down models are pretty boring.

Not easy to master and it certainly provides good cross training for winter skiing.

gmcunni

From what I understand the Sparks are made of plastic not fiberglass. May not hold up as well. I also hear there is not much storage in them.

correct.

what i've read is the plastic is lighter = much better gas mileage and lower manufacture costs. (and gas tank is much smaller). storage on base model is minimal. for my projected use cases i don't think storage would be a big issue. first dealer i talked to only stocks sparks with the convenience package, which increases usable storage.