• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saw this on Family Guy...

skiNEwhere

Family guy was funny until about season 5/6.

The jokes are a little too far fetched and, esoteric (can't think of any better word to explain it).

I refuse to watch it anymore

skiNEwhere

I lost my mother at sugarbush in '02 due to a tree strike, so this is kind of a touchy subject, but I don't see there being much more danger in bounds out west than in Vermont. A skier was killed in an inbounds, wet slab avalanche at A-Basin in '05, and that's the only major risk I don't see thats native to the east.

There are not huge cliffs in CO (except for crested butte and telluride), in tahoe and Jackson there are but I don't ever hear about people getting killed going off of them.

I don't know of any place that has crevasses either.

As far as Colorado goes, the most common cause of death is a tree strike, which can happen in any state with skiing.

I'd say the northeast in general, with its variable snow conditions can even be more dangerous at times.

Jcb890

I lost my mother at sugarbush in '02 due to a tree strike, so this is kind of a touchy subject, but I don't see there being much more danger in bounds out west than in Vermont. A skier was killed in an inbounds, wet slab avalanche at A-Basin in '05, and that's the only major risk I don't see thats native to the east.

There are not huge cliffs in CO (except for crested butte and telluride), in tahoe and Jackson there are but I don't ever hear about people getting killed going off of them.

I don't know of any place that has crevasses either.

As far as Colorado goes, the most common cause of death is a tree strike, which can happen in any state with skiing.

I'd say the northeast in general, with its variable snow conditions can even be more dangerous at times.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, that is terrible.

BenedictGomez

Family guy was funny until about season 5/6.

The jokes are a little too far fetched and, esoteric (can't think of any better word to explain it). I refuse to watch it anymore

Same here. In fact, I liked the show so much I owned the DVDs, and stopped watching in season 7.

For me it was partly the fact it almost seemed like they stopped trying, but also because the show just became massively political. Almost every episode.

VTKilarney

It was a joke on a show that has outlived its prime. Don't over analyze it.

BenedictGomez

Bingo,and 98% from one side of the aisle.

That's not even what bothered me about it. Anytime you turn on a television set, you expect there to be a leftwing bias from Hollywood/entertainment etc... which is just standard and normal and accepted. What became bothersome about Family Guy was how deeply vitriolic and hateful their political "humor" became. Some genuinely cringe-worthy stuff.

snoseek

Same here. In fact, I liked the show so much I owned the DVDs, and stopped watching in season 7.

For me it was partly the fact it almost seemed like they stopped trying, but also because the show just became massively political. Almost every episode.

I cant tell if your joking. You got to be joking right?