• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre resort wins final ok from ny state

goldsbar

The Highmount connection will improve the Belleayre experience immensely

What's the difference with that area? A lot of people want it, but I'm not sure of the benefit. I'm a fan of Belleayre, but their snow making power isn't the greatest and this would just add more area to cover. Is the terrain really that much better or at least more continuous as opposed to the Steepish top 1/3 -moderate bottom 2/3 that every single fall line trail on the mountain follows? Doesn't look like much vertical.

danimals

I think it's the fact that it's an expansion, maybe not a great one but it's something.

Possible that the highmount area might have it's own compressor and pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbedle

Development calls for a massive snowmaking pond down along Route 28. Interesting to note that the Highmount area use to have slopes on the other side of the road. I think the addition of some lifts from the actual base to the peak will help give the place a bigger feel.

acmill99

Would rather the state of ny stay out of all this or sell Belleayre and let a private company do it all. Again, not the states lane.

mbedle

Pretty sure this is being fully funded privately. Not sure what part the state will have in the actual development other than operating the ski resort.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Pretty sure this is being fully funded privately. Not sure what part the state will have in the actual development other than operating the ski resort.

The state is putting in 75m to upgrade Belleayre — 4(?) new lifts and some other stuff, lodges — plus another new Highmount lift to create slopeside real estate. In addition there was a property sale where the state bought 78 acres of Highmount at a very favorable price for the developer. The developer has promised to spend $400m on the resort.

nycskier

You mean actually improve the skiing experience and add actual sustained vertical to the area?

Bottom of the list I will assume.

You know I may very well be a NY State 3 in 1 pass holder next season; might be at Belleayre more than usual.
No need to buy 3 separate passes. Just shell out $1299 and buy the ISKINY Gold Pass and get a fully transferable pass redeemable for one lift ticket per day at all Ski Areas of New York (SANY) member ski resorts:[FONT=source_sans_proregular]
[/FONT]
https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/iskiny-gold-pass
You basically get unlimited skiing at every ski resort in NYS with that pass and you can lend it to a friend when you are not using it.