Appalachian Trail speed record broken today

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1

    Appalachian Trail speed record broken today

    46 days, 8 hours and 8 minutes

    Pretty cool

    http://appalachiantrials.com/scott-j...-speed-record/


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    46 days, 8 hours and 8 minutes

    Pretty cool

    http://appalachiantrials.com/scott-j...-speed-record/


    And then he got fined....http://www.pressherald.com/2015/07/1...er-state-park/

  3. #3
    Champagne hitting the ground is considered litter?

    Wow, lame

  4. #4
    That director Bissell seems really bitter and like he's trying to go out of his way to rain on his parade.

    So what if he has corporate sponsorship? The cost of all the gear and supplies was probably in the low thousands.

    “The race vehicle used to support Scott in his run, as well as Scott’s headband, clearly displays these corporate sponsors. The sponsors are providing money and equipment to support Scott’s run in exchange for advertisement and engagement that they expect will protect or increase their market share and improve their profits. … When Scott arrived at Baxter Park to complete his run at the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail, he brought all of this to Baxter Peak, in Maine’s largest wilderness.”
    The Facebook message was unsigned, but Bissell said on Thursday that he wrote it.
    Wow. Drama. Were the two former lovers?
    2016/2017 Days

    A-Basin - 10/21, 11/24, 2/19
    Vail - 12/2, 12/3
    Breck - 12/4, 12/11, 1/8, 1/29, 2/26
    Loveland - 12/10, 1/16, 2/20
    Keystone 12/31, 2/18
    Aspen Highlands - 1/7
    Beaver Creek - 2/25
    Sugarbush - 3/5
    Telluride - 4/2

    Fremont Pass (AIARE Course) - 1/14, 1/15
    Vail Pass - 1/22, 1/29
    Loveland Pass - 2/12, 3/25
    Bear Creek - 4/1

    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

    I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

  5. #5
    Bissell said Jurek and the corporate sponsorship that helped carry him to the record are anathema to the vision of the park set out by former Gov. Percival Baxter, whose 1931 donation of land and funding has made the park what it is today.
    This is such a crock of shit! Problem with those people who run parks - they blow stuff out of proportion. Who cares about sponsorship! Champagne on the ground is littering? Finally because more then 12 people were there at one time to celebrate his accomplishment he gets the summons. I am sorry but that park ranger and people like him are pure assholes!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  6. #6
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    9,475
    Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    That director Bissell seems really bitter and like he's trying to go out of his way to rain on his parade.

    So what if he has corporate sponsorship? The cost of all the gear and supplies was probably in the low thousands.

    Wow. Drama. Were the two former lovers?
    lol...teenage girl drama.

  7. #7
    bigbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bangor and the state's woodlands
    Posts
    4,765
    Items for Sale
    imho, that's where more than a few of them types...end up dlague....
    SteveD

  8. #8
    scott's take on the drama: http://www.runnersworld.com/scott-ju...bpr=9815486986

    Seems Baxter doesn't want the appalachain trail to end on Katahdin anymore.

  9. #9
    bigbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bangor and the state's woodlands
    Posts
    4,765
    Items for Sale
    All I read out of the article was that "some officials" of BSP...representing BSP? BSP belongs to the people of the state, not to some governmental authority. When it comes to goals for the future of the AT, some of these lower salaried people should hardly be addressed as an important official representing BSP. Those types often develop very strange sets of priorities and inflate their own status when interviewed. Some of Maine's State Gov't attitudes were...and some still are just slightly left of prohibition...imho.
    Last edited by bigbog; Jul 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM.
    SteveD

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    All I read out of the article was that "some officials" of BSP...representing BSP? BSP belongs to the people of the state, not to some governmental authority. When it comes to goals for the future of the AT, some of these lower salaried people should hardly be addressed as an important official representing BSP. Those types often develop very strange sets of priorities and inflate their own status when interviewed. Some of Maine's State Gov't attitudes were...and some still are just slightly left of prohibition...imho.
    +100
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 AM.