• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunts or Heinz

BackLoafRiver

Simple question.

This conversation sparked an epic battle between the wife and I.

She says I can't tell the difference. I say Heinz is the only ketchup. I say she's wrong.

Go!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ctenidae

Heinz. Hunt's packaging is old and outdated looking, the ketchup always seems chunky, and I just don't like it.

Actually, I don't know that I could tell the difference, but Hunt's does have better packaging, so, +$1 for clever marketing.

Geoff

I buy Heinz but I'm not quite sure why. I don't think I've ever done a Hunts/Heinz taste-off. I know I don't like most store brand.

Hawkshot99

There are many things I will buy whatever brand is on sale. Ketchup is NOT one of them! Heinz is all I will buy. When I was younger my mother would buy different brands on sale and refill the Heinz ketchup bottle trying to trick me. It never worked, there is a distinct taste difference.

Tin

H6E11hg.jpg

freeski

I'm extremely upset with Heinz for going after the yellow mustard market with their marketing assault on French's. This was a huge marketing campaign spending millions on TV ads. In retaliation French's has a new ketchup out claiming no preservatives. I WILL TRY THE NEW FRENCH"S KETCHUP! If it's no good I'll go back to Heinz.

Note: not a huge yellow mustard fan, but for pastrami and sometimes roast beef it works well.

Ketchup_Tile_Left[1].jpg

Attachments

• bth_untitled[1].jpg
    bth_untitled[1].jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 38