• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont State Employees Union goes after ski areas

steamboat1

The VSEA press release came out on July 14th. Apparently your news cycle is rather quick.
Guess so since I can find articles relating to this topic dating back to January.

edit: oops sorry just found one dating back to 2007.

Take a guess how much the 7 ski areas that lease land from the state pay.

Last edited:

prsboogie

Wow, that's typical of "certain" group's mentality, I love the line, Joe Blow had the courage to write a letter. Oooohhh so brave to type on a keyboard!!! Stfu!

VTKilarney

Guess so since I can find articles relating to this topic dating back to January.

edit: oops sorry just found one dating back to 2007.

Take a guess how much the 7 ski areas that lease land from the state pay.

Link?

Tin

All this thread needs is...

0806-Took-Jerbs.jpg

VTKilarney

Steamboat,

You don't get it. The point of this thread was the recent platform issued by the VSEA. We all know about the original auditor's report.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Oh

Teachers, Policemen and Firemen are low lifes????

That's a nice, friendly perspective.

As individuals no as a group , yes

Years ago a local mayor left a loophole on purpose or by accident.
Police retirement is based on last years of income .
By coincidence they work tons of overtime and end up making more money in retirement than there average income
That's killing the fixed income people.

Tin

I completely agree that these contracts are crushing those who pay taxes and such to pay those salaries, pensions, etc. But guess what, if any of us were in our younger years, needed a career and had that chance, we would probably take it. It is the people in power who agreed to these absurd contracts that need the blame. Not painting people who educate our children and keep us safe as scambags

dlague

I completely agree that these contracts are crushing those who pay taxes and such to pay those salaries, pensions, etc. But guess what, if any of us were in our younger years, needed a career and had that chance, we would probably take it. It is the people in power who agreed to these absurd contracts that need the blame. Not painting people who educate our children and keep us safe as scambags

+1 However, they were probably not agreed to to be nice but more than likely threatened by strikes! Where I work people get written up if they get caught doing a task that is considered union work.

JimG.

Staff member
When the Village People make an appearance it is clearly summer.

Am I within my rights to lock the thread because of that?

BenedictGomez

As individuals no as a group , yes

Keep in mind that "as a group" they tend to be from professions with no background in the information/subject that's being "fed" to them as "truth" by their Union bosses. It's very easy to believe you're "oppressed" if you're told that every day by your leaders. It's also very easy to somehow genuinely believe your job as a "widget-pusher" should be paid $100,000 a year with generous healthcare and pension benefits. Human nature to believe you work the hardest and deserve the most. I'm not making excuses for Union folk, but I'm saying that I understand how easy it might be for them to become unrealistically brainwashed.

boofenstien

Keep in mind that "as a group" they tend to be from professions with no background in the information/subject that's being "fed" to them as "truth" by their Union bosses. It's very easy to believe you're "oppressed" if you're told that every day by your leaders. It's also very easy to somehow genuinely believe your job as a "widget-pusher" should be paid $100,000 a year with generous healthcare and pension benefits. Human nature to believe you work the hardest and deserve the most. I'm not making excuses for Union folk, but I'm saying that I understand how easy it might be for them to become unrealistically brainwashed.

Just like "money-pushers" in the finance industry deserve the generous compensation for being basically computer jockey service employees.