Winter Forecast 2015-2016 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post

WTF ! Seems the BUND is back from the 30's
    You should see today's update (below). This **** is freaking scary as hell, and something out of a communist handbook.

prosecutors may decide to investigate companies that chose to fund or join organizations that questioned climate science
    The Obama Administration is now legitimately terrifying. If you heard about this in passing, you'd simply assume it was total BS far right-wing propaganda, but shockingly, this is actually true.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/sc...?smid=tw-share
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

As for winter, starting to look like this will be a stinker of a November to mid-December, but what else is new. Every December cant be as amazing as 2013-2015, when even the Poconos had peak winter conditions by December 15th. I'm not fazed....yet.

BG, not so sure. Yes, November is and will finish way above normal, but that was the forecast from several of the sources I use. They also forecasted a colder December, and winter for that matter (though not to the extent of the last 2 years). Now the short/medium range models and forecasters are starting to pick up on a pattern change as we head toward Thanksgiving. There is plenty of time for things to turn for December. Getting a bit tight on having skiing for Thanksgiving but not out of the question. THINK SNOW!
    2017/18 =
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

First winter storm or first winter tease?
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1447031755.333160.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

You'll only see white stuff at the highest elevations. Will be too warm for anything else.
    Dude.

Big pattern change coming this week...No more of this November nonsense.

There are really two ways this El Nino could go for us and the next couple of weeks will be key determinants if the classic split flow develops.
    Days on the Snow:

Pre 2011:~20 per year
    2011-2012: 19
    2012-2013: 34
    2013-2014: 25
    2014-2015: 23
    2015-2015: 17

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    There is plenty of time for things to turn for December. Getting a bit tight on having skiing for Thanksgiving but not out of the question. THINK SNOW!
    Yes, but if I were forced to put down money today, I'd bet on December being below average to average at the very best. One good storm the last week of December would cure all though.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Yes, but if I were forced to put down money today, I'd bet on December being below average to average at the very best. One good storm the last week of December would cure all though.
    The past few December's were great. So I booked for the week prior to Christmas...so I'm sure it will suck.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    The past few December's were great. So I booked for the week prior to Christmas...so I'm sure it will suck.
    Same, lol. $267 for two nights, two day lift tickets, breakfast and walk-to-slope access for two people is pretty good no matter the conditions.
    2017-2018 3 Days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12 Stratton: 11/22 Killington: 12/1
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Same, lol. $267 for two nights, two day lift tickets, breakfast and walk-to-slope access for two people is pretty good no matter the conditions.
    Almost exact price for our trip (prior to stopping at a NH liquor store). Early season and March have the best deals. Hoping Magic gets some snow or we will be skiing Pico and K. Have bogos to both to burn so it isn't bad.
    Last edited by Tin; Nov 9, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Thread Information