• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

mriceyman

The mountains better make as much as possible next weekend.. It looks to warm up the same or even more than the current stretch.. Pretty unreal

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bigbog

Looks like northern Maine might be the lone recipient of any of the snow Tuesday thru early Wed AM.
Agree...that system flow hasn't changed much....west side of the Rockies getting the goods.

Last edited:

steamboat1

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a few areas that are open now close before the end of this week. Trail counts will be reduced at those remaining. It's going to get ugly out there.

The Sneak

I have not even pulled my skis out of storage yet...and I usually get them tuned ~Columbus wknd. :(
It was ~65 F at my house Saturday. Went for a bike ride. Bizarre to ride by the beach and stop at the sea wall to feel the warm sun on me in mid freaking December. :mad

steamboat1

I have not even pulled my skis out of storage yet...and I usually get them tuned ~Columbus wknd. :(
It was ~65 F at my house Saturday. Went for a bike ride. Bizarre to ride by the beach and stop at the sea wall to feel the warm sun on me in mid freaking December. :mad

Yep I was at the beach Sat. fishing. Still a few striped bass & blues around. I've never seen blues still around this late. Herring fishing on the bay side is good too. At least I got a couple of decent skiing days in the first week of Dec. I was planning to go again later this week for a few days but might change my mind. My skis are in the shop by Killington all tuned & ready to go.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
45081844.jpg

dlague

As far as I can see starting Tuesday night, Snow making temps return, marginal at best but higher elevation feasible. Starting this weekend though it looks like a solid march to Christmas. Saturday will be interesting at Cannon since the temps will not go above freezing. Hopefully grooming is up to the task otherwise potential for bullet proof will be high.

skiberg

Unfortunately I am not seeing anything that suggests snowmaking temps at Cannon will hang around after the upcoming weekend. In fact I have read it will become even warmer then than it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skibumski

Unfortunate to make my first post like this but this is starting to get pretty depressing.

CWMcb3MUwAEwe2G.png:large

CWL9ESSW4AAMOKD.png

25+F over average expected for Christmas on the European model for basically all of the Northeast, 99% confidence 10 days out.