• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

skiberg

That horrible forecast is consistent with what I have read at many blogs and forecast sites. Looks like it's getting to be more certain that we can forget xmas week this year.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

Unfortunate to make my first post like this but this is starting to get pretty depressing.

CWMcb3MUwAEwe2G.png:large

CWL9ESSW4AAMOKD.png

25+F over average expected for Christmas on the European model for basically all of the Northeast, 99% confidence 10 days out.

That warming is only for a day or two otherwise 30's and low 40' during the day on either side.

for cannon, accuweather is showing a low of 22 on Friday night. After Friday, the low temp is not projected to go any higher than 21 through the end of January. I realize things can change and that a six week projection is of limited value. But still, isn't it relatively safe to say that nighttime snowmaking is projected to return for good on Friday night?

If that's true, at least there's that, right?

yes snow making temps are looking good long term.

Starting Friday - you will see the terrain expansion pace pick up rather quick from this point on.

Warp Daddy

Hoidays look to be unseasonably warm xmas week is toast. Long range beyond that looks bleak too except i put very low credence beyond 7 day forecast .

Sure glad i did my hip surgery in Oct THIS season and didnt delay it into the new year , i have missed absolutely nothing so far and from the looks of it not mush into mis January . Feel bad for evertyone who is jonesing , i feel yah bros !,:sadwalk:

dlague

Unfortunate to make my first post like this but this is starting to get pretty depressing.

CWMcb3MUwAEwe2G.png:large

CWL9ESSW4AAMOKD.png

25+F over average expected for Christmas on the European model for basically all of the Northeast, 99% confidence 10 days out.

for cannon, accuweather is showing a low of 22 on Friday night. After Friday, the low temp is not projected to go any higher than 21 through the end of January. I realize things can change and that a six week projection is of limited value. But still, isn't it relatively safe to say that nighttime snowmaking is projected to return for good on Friday night?

If that's true, at least there's that, right?

Hoidays look to be unseasonably warm xmas week is toast. Long range beyond that looks bleak too except i put very low credence beyond 7 day forecast .

Sure glad i did my hip surgery in Oct THIS season and didnt delay it into the new year , i have missed absolutely nothing so far and from the looks of it not mush into mis January . Feel bad for evertyone who is jonesing , i feel yah bros !,:sadwalk:

You are right about anything beyond 7 days but I am seeing things a little more optimistically and see improvements in terms of cold air at night. We shall see!

yeggous

You are right about anything beyond 7 days but I am seeing things a little more optimistically and see improvements in terms of cold air at night. We shall see!

It's going to be blow torch again next week. We absolutely have skill forecasting temperature 10 days out. This is just painful.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Greens, ADK's, and the Catskill's could see measurable snow Friday and Saturday. That's something.

Can you post a link for Catskills Friday night sniw fall please? How much like few inches or feet, ? Hope it happens for ne and everyone here.

JDMRoma

I'm between a 2 and 4 !
Deciding on which pair of skis will I sacrifice and ski on what ever is available. It's that or go back to water skiing !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would need a western trip to something decent right now to attain a 5. As that isn't in the cards this year, I'm stuck on 4.