• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

BenedictGomez

We got our first Eastward tick on the 00z GFS! Yea with me guys! Yea! Puts Southern VT and the Catskills back into play! It's a start! See y'all tomorrow morning!

For a kayaking competition?

Verbatim to 00z GFS run, the only ski area sparred the wrath is Whiteface.

At this point, I'd rather have a kick west and take my survivable lumps, than roll the dice risking "not enough" of an eastern shift and flirt with potentially disastrous consequences. That's a "Do you feel lucky punk?" sortof a thing.

gfs_asnow_neus_25.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_20.png

BenedictGomez

On the bright side..... 00z Canuck shifts way back east again.

For reference sake, this is the WORST of the time panels. Sure, absolutely terrible for Maine, bad for NH, but everyone else is sparred destruction. I'd take this and run.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_20.png

BenedictGomez

I'd hit this... Not for here but for Northern Vermont and especially the Daks.

Well if you're gonna' get all greedy and go Kuchera on us, you might as well go with the GFS. Three feet by Whiteface. That's about the only way Lookout Mountain's going to open.

GFSKucera_Boom.png

catsup948

For a kayaking competition?

Verbatim to 00z GFS run, the only ski area sparred the wrath is Whiteface.

At this point, I'd rather have a kick west and take my survivable lumps, than roll the dice risking "not enough" of an eastern shift and flirt with potentially disastrous consequences. That's a "Do you feel lucky punk?" sortof a thing.

gfs_asnow_neus_25.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_20.png

At this point it's a matter of playing to win or playing not to lose. Hope for shift west, lighter rain, dryslot etc. Equals not losing. I hope for a shift east, watch the pouring rain out my window but man it just might be ripping at the top of Madonna.... Maybe just maybe we get a win for once this winter. I'll take my hope and run with it. If it fails so be it, spring training starts soon.

Kleetus

If this pans out the way it's looking have a very good excuse to go to WF for the first time in a few years now that I'm back within striking distance.

Rowsdower

Wanting to get to Vermont or the Adirondacks. Need to make a decision soon. Looking like Gore will be in the clear? Would they have anything worth while open? I know its been a brutal year for them.