• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

BenedictGomez

this season not just a disappointment, but a frightening harbinger of things to come. In short, a world without skiing, except for maybe the uber rich who can afford lift tickets at the last remaining resorts.

LULZ

life-chapter-33-laughing.gif

Cannonball

One good week can erase all the bad memories and make the 2nd half solid

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Partially agree.

ONE good week is not remotely enough to salvage this season. One good week can START to make the 2nd half solid. We need a full 180 right now and it had to SUSTAIN for at least a month (probably more) to keep this year out of the bad record books.

skiberg

I guess that means every other year will be outstanding like last year.

skiberg

I am convinced we are not having a season this year. Longer term showing it getting warmer. Next weeks "Cold" is trending weaker. Then looking like it may warm up pretty good again. Then its March. The fat lady is already warming up.

If we are luck we may get a good week or two, but I am convinced this season is shot.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I am convinced we are not having a season this year. Longer term showing it getting warmer. Next weeks "Cold" is trending weaker. Then looking like it may warm up pretty good again. Then its March. The fat lady is already warming up.

If we are luck we may get a good week or two, but I am convinced this season is shot.

Agreed. The models are not showing anything to get excited about. It is going to take a 16-20 inch storm to get things going again on natural terrain in a lot of places. I just don't see it happening.
Hopefully something comes out of nowhere and dumps on us. But I'm not holding my breath.

Whitey

Gees, you wanna kick my dog too so you can bum me out some more?

JDMRoma

Shots are being fired at the wrong goal! wtf

Maybe we should rethink our passes for next season. Wonder how much blue hills is for a season pass ?? And if they have a no pee policy behind the ski patrol shack...... Do they even have a shack ??

Tin

Maybe we should rethink our passes for next season. Wonder how much blue hills is for a season pass ?? And if they have a no pee policy behind the ski patrol shack...... Do they even have a shack ??

You're problems are solved. I think the weather observation center has a bathroom.

skiberg

Looks like next weeks storm might be falling apart a bit and becoming less likely.

BenedictGomez

Looks like next weeks storm might be falling apart a bit and becoming less likely.

Too early to say that.

My take on these things is I dont care precisely where the models put the snow 4 days out, I'm just happy to see it snowing in a big chunk of the region. Theres's not enough data digested yet, could be anything from snow on the fish to a big northeast and/or New England hit. Gotta wait. Even Vermont isnt out of the picture yet, IMO, as most storms this season have "real life" been significantly west of model depiction.

skiberg

Good, because I rely upon your expertise a heck of a lot more than I rely upon limited knowledge.