• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

skibumski

Agreed. Because there are two systems close by here (one coming up the coast off shore, the other coming through the midwest), it's tough to tell what's going to happen, and you get a lot of confusion in the models.

Best case scenario would be the two storms phase up and churn over NE. Unfortunately, this looks highly unlikely.

Good scenario is the storm over the midwest strengthens, and the Atlantic storm weakens. This is still a good hit over ski territory in the NE.

Medium case scenario is the two storms totally de-phase, and we get light hits from at least the one over the midwest, and possibly both.

Worst case scenario is the Atlantic storm strengthens and works its way further toward the warmth off shore, and the midwest storm tracks north as a result. This means both storms miss ski country entirely.

skiberg

This season as long as it does not rain it feels like a win.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Good, because I rely upon your expertise a heck of a lot more than I rely upon limited knowledge.

That's bad, because trust me, I have limited knowledge. I'm merely a weather-weenie. I've learned enough over the years to figure some stuff out before the folks on TV talk about it, but that's about the total extent of it.

BenedictGomez

The Tuesday storm has some late potential. This is to early in the game to write anything off.

We need something to change. Everything has been so progressive this year it gets pushed too far east before it can turn up the coast.

At the moment, seems like the same story, once again at the moment it looks like I'll get more snow in NJ than folks in VT. I love snow, but it's getting really tiring seeing all these beautiful pieces of energy sliding off the coast of North Carolina / Delmarva. All the bits of energy are over land now, so we'll know more by 00z tomorrow night. Fingers crossed (maybe toes too at this point).

ScottySkis

That's bad, because trust me, I have limited knowledge. I'm merely a weather-weenie. I've learned enough over the years to figure some stuff out before the folks on TV talk about it, but that's about the total extent of it.
He follow s good met weather people on Facebook to.Jessica!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ChicoKat

The fat lady has sung. Stick a forK in it. Ski season as we would like to see it is over. Go west to ski or wait for Moutain bike season.

jrmagic

The fat lady has sung. Stick a forK in it. Ski season as we would like to see it is over. Go west to ski or wait for Moutain bike season.

LOL! Enjoy the wait. Somehow I always have fun regardless of how good/ bad conditions may be. Sure beats sitting home waiting g for something better to come along.

Kleetus

Maybe we should rethink our passes for next season. Wonder how much blue hills is for a season pass ?? And if they have a no pee policy behind the ski patrol shack...... Do they even have a shack ??

I bet they won't rain on your pee parade

JDMRoma

Our next storm seems to be going south. Another shot on goal for the Cape.

Well we still have March !!

JDMRoma

Almost no snow above Plymouth NH
Gonna be icy as hell today !

BenedictGomez

Son of Bastardi took a crack at a cumulative prediction for the multiple pieces of energy about to swing through.S

Sadly, this period had virtually a massive potential for huge snowfall, but it's fallen apart and the fish will see the powder.

Only thing to do now is hope the models are wrong about the Tuesday piece due to the complexity of handling multiple pieces of energy at once. You never know. Fingers crossed.

12715353_1004243259633136_5524897190508254115_n.png

delco714

for lowly Bangor:
15/16: 5"
14/15: 42"

..A typically lousy New England winter so far, but there's still a little more time to 15/16...
If Ullr keeps on falling asleep on the couch we're gonna need a lot of rain for the streams/brooks come summer.
My wife and I are in Bangor too (? Are you)

chuckstah

Our next storm seems to be going south. Another shot on goal for the Cape.

Well we still have March !!

Blizzard warnings are up for the Cape. 7-12 inches. I was at my Cape house yesterday to take care of some plumbing issues, and there's much more snow there at 8 foot elevation than in the NH mountains. The canal was iced over! This is getting depressing! Something really needs to go north.

bigbog

Temps are Back!. Western Mtns should at least be able to get some healthy snowmaking underway...hope they get some of whatever's coming up in next few days...

Yes... Hey too bad the western mtns hardly ever get the snow that we get from the coastal storms!

delco714

Temps are Back!. Western Mtns should at least be able to get some healthy snowmaking underway...hope they get some of whatever's coming up in next few days...

Yes... Hey too bad the western mtns hardly ever get the snow that we get from the coastal storms!
nice! We go up to sugarloaf most weeks when we're not on call. I'm 26 she's 30 , no kids for now . Both providers within emhs

bigbog

Blizzard warnings are up for the Cape. 7-12 inches. I was at my Cape house yesterday to take care of some plumbing issues, and there's much more snow there at 8 foot elevation than in the NH mountains. The canal was iced over! This is getting depressing! Something really needs to go north.

I hear ya' on that....