• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shredding powder at Sunday River....

Highway Star

...in trucks...? :eek:

I'm glad Killington doesn't have to host these annoying big events anymore, what a pain in the neck it would be to put this on. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

(FOR ALL THE DIM-WITTED THAT CAN'T FOLLOW THE BLATANT SARCASM, THIS POST IS SARCASTIC. KILLINGTON HAS NOT PUT ON A BIG EVENT IN SEVERAL YEARS, AND THE LAST SEVERAL THEY DID WERE POORLY EXECUTED. IT WOULD BE COOL IF THEY COULD DO A BIG EVENT WITHOUT MESSING UP THE MOUNTAIN FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON, BUT SEEMINGLY THEY CAN'T. WE'LL JUST HAVE TO SETTLE FOR SCAVENGER HUNTS AND BANDS FROM RUTLAND NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF.)

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Now you gotta worry about flying tires not yielding the right of way as well.

Watatic Skier

I skied the weekend they had it, the event itself was on a friday and all traces were completely gone the next day. I believe they worked all night cleaning it up.

Highway Star

I skied the weekend they had it, the event itself was on a friday and all traces were completely gone the next day. I believe they worked all night cleaning it up.

If Killington held this event, they would have to close down half the mountain for three weeks, and they would make 50ft of snow somewhere completely useless, like the golf course.

VTKilarney

Last edited:

VTKilarney

And just to show how stupid this thread is, here is a quote from the Kzone duplicate thread:

Mount Snow hosted this event 2 winters ago - really was minimal impact, as since it's not just a spectator event, but also a made for TV event, they did the course build on a Wednesday after the mountain closed for the day, the trucks had practice + qualification on Thursday, and the event was on Friday, and by Saturday, the slopes were back to normal.

Highway Star

So you come here and boast that Killington doesn't host "big events". You put down Sunday River for hosting a "big event".

But just a few months ago you went on KZone to complain that it has been much too long since Killingtom hosted a "big event", such as a "large concert":
http://www.killingtonzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40229

I am an idiot.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms

• the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms:derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; More

VTKilarney

Nice try to cover after being found out. ("But I really didn't mean it! I swear!") Unfortunately, not nice enough to be believable. You should also actually understand the definition of "sarcasm" if you are going to post it. And if you actually intended your post to be sarcastic, it takes the prize for "post that missed its mark by the biggest margin" of the summer.

You are an idiot.

Highway Star

Nice try to cover after being found out. ("But I really didn't mean it! I swear!") Unfortunately, not nice enough to be believable. You should also actually understand the definition of "sarcasm" if you are going to post it. And if you actually intended your post to be sarcastic, it takes the prize for "post that missed its mark by the biggest margin" of the summer.

You are an idiot.

You have the intellect of a 5 year old.

38909272.jpg

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
And just to show how stupid this thread is, here is a quote from the Kzone duplicate thread:

Mount Snow hosted this event 2 winters ago - really was minimal impact, as since it's not just a spectator event, but also a made for TV event, they did the course build on a Wednesday after the mountain closed for the day, the trucks had practice + qualification on Thursday, and the event was on Friday, and by Saturday, the slopes were back to normal.

I was there the day they built the Frozen Rush course at Mount Snow. They closed Ego Alley, Yardsale, and the lower third of Exhibition. That is literally .01% of the mountain.

steamboat1

C'mon guys lets take a vote. Who do you dislike more in these threads. Me or HS.

I'm counting on your vote.

I know who I'd vote for but he's not in the race.

Vortex

I made the two events they had. I enjoyed them. It was the first week of Jan it was freezing and not the busiest time of year. x-mass vacation had just ended. Access to ski on ski off was affected mid week for a condo group. I get that, I had ski on ski off before. I think big events like this bring in revenue, Keeps pass prices reasonable. This was all in the South Ridge beginner area. Any terrain I ski was not changed. Red Bull runs first class events. Lots of free advertisement.