• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The thunderstorm thread...

Tin

We have plenty of fun in winter, why not some in summer? Albany is getting crushed right now as are the Berks and lots of NH. Think south of the pike won't have a show until after dark.

xwhaler

Reports of golf ball sized hail in northern seacoast NH. Seems line went just north of me here in West Epping. Local news keeps cutting in with updates. I'm actually hoping something comes through that is non damaging to cool things down

Tin

NWS Grey posted a pic on FB of a weirdly shaped piece the size of a baseball from Lebanon, ME. It's very dark down this way and the storms are 100+ miles away.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was in South Berwick this afternoon and we got a little hail, but it was really random. Maybe a dozen pieces fell in my SIL's backyard over the course of 5 minutes. They were about marble sized. Very strange because every hail storm I've ever been in prior, the hail usually comes down in sheets.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Love me a good thunderstorm. Haven't had any good ones lately. Out here they can come real fast. It's also interesting that we get nasty ones that don't get much in the way of warnings from the NWS or anything.