• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I emailed their info address.
I received this auto-reply message:

Thank you for contacting Saddleback

Any update on the resort will be posted on our website or Facebook page

If you have interest in booking a condo for the upcoming ski season. We have not made those available online but you can use our request form and we will notify you when are taking bookings

http://www.saddlebackmaine.com/condo-rental-request

We will update current season pass holders as soon as we have an update on whether or not we are opening for the season. Thank you for your patience

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
AP | 10.11.15 | 2:15 PM
RANGELEY, Maine (AP) — Operators of Maine’s Saddleback ski mountain say they may have an announcement this week.
Operators of the ski mountain in Rangeley announced via social media that they’re in ‘‘serious negotiations’’ with a potential buyer who plans to open the resort for the winter.
Owner Mark Berry said previously that the resort would close if it could not replace a 51-year-old double chairlift with a faster, modern four-person lift. Since then there have been discussions with several buyers.
The resort, most of its 121 condominiums and 400 acres were put on the market in 2012 for $14 million. It’s currently for sale for $9.5 million with 2,070 acres.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Called their Chamber of Commerce. They have no information, just what we have heard, "it's in negotiations, and we expect [hope?] they will open. Could be a blow to the economy unless they can amp up their snowmachine business. :(

dlague

I hear rumors at the ski show that the deal is about done. I also heard that they probably would have a late December or early January opening. In addition, lots of the winter staff are hanging in there.

Puck it

Hey, Bill

winteriscoming.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I hear rumors at the ski show that the deal is about done. I also heard that they probably would have a late December or early January opening. In addition, lots of the winter staff are hanging in there.
On epicski, one correspondent said he talked with a condo owner 2 weeks ago. According to him there are only 4 employees remaining and the locals are lining up other work for the season.

Puck it

LOL! Not in the business, getting back in sync, just like 99% of the rest of the customers. Nothing wrong with that, it's a conversation!
You are restating 80% of what has been said all ready. Fixed your spelling too.