Saddleback - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddleback

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    can I ask a stupid question, its the end of July, is it physically possible to install a new lift before winter???? especially if said lift hasnt been purchased to date?????
    Snow King installed a new Quad in about 6 weeks this spring and it is already up and running for their alpine slide. It was built by Doppelmayr and was their fastest install to date. I have to assume the site survey and plans have already been done by Dopp and they simply need to sign for it.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Snow King installed a new Quad in about 6 weeks this spring and it is already up and running for their alpine slide. It was built by Doppelmayr and was their fastest install to date. I have to assume the site survey and plans have already been done by Dopp and they simply need to sign for it.
    Ok, but that's 6 weeks from putting a shovel in the ground. I would think there's quite a bit of work to do before that point. I doubt you could just make a few phone calls and viola, there are crews dropping lift towers from helicopters and what not.
    Seems to me if they aren't ready to start work now, the ship has sailed for this winter at least.

Items for Sale
    Ok, but that's 6 weeks from putting a shovel in the ground. I would think there's quite a bit of work to do before that point. I doubt you could just make a few phone calls and viola, there are crews dropping lift towers from helicopters and what not.
    Seems to me if they aren't ready to start work now, the ship has sailed for this winter at least.
    Not to mention the Snow King is a mere 4.5 hours from Doppelmayr's office/headquarters here in SLC.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Sainte Jerome, PC is not very far from Saddleback either!

Exactly. Snow King was definitely planned well in advance. To call up a lift manufacturer now and say "yeah we haven't even removed the old lift yet, can you start flying in towers in 3 weeks?" would be ludicrous.
    2017-2018 1 Day and counting...
    Mount Snow: 11/12
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Exactly. Snow King was definitely planned well in advance. To call up a lift manufacturer now and say "yeah we haven't even removed the old lift yet, can you start flying in towers in 3 weeks?" would be ludicrous.
    My guess is the new lift is all spec'd out and the manufacturer is just waiting for the word go. Okemo did the Sunburst 6 after July and opened for December and that was a heated bubble detach. I don't doubt they could get a fixed grip installed if the spec and engineering is done. SL took out the base terminal of KP in a week with just their lift ops crews. It can be done.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob View Post
    Sainte Jerome, PC is not very far from Saddleback either!
    I wondered if Dopp had an east coast office....

And I'd hope the new lift would be a high(er) speed lift for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I wondered if Dopp had an east coast office....

And I'd hope the new lift would be a high(er) speed lift for that price.
    Isn't the price tag for the Valley House chair at Sugarbush about the same? Supposedly it will be a fixed grip carpet loaded lift identical to the Meadows quad at Stowe which is a Dopp. To tell you the truth after riding the Meadows quad several times I didn't notice much difference in speed over a conventionally loaded lift & it's a bigger pain to load. These guys don't exactly look comfortable loading the Meadows quad.

That's part of the Stowe Mountain Clubs new building in the background. It's quite a bit further along now seeing it myself 2 weeks ago. Comes with underground parking.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steamboat1; Jul 22, 2015 at 12:04 AM.

The one thing, even with the time frame before winter now, Saddleback may have working for them, is the low number of installations on the East Coast this year - the crews of the companies aren't going to be stretched as thin as they might be if say it was a BIG year for Eastern installations
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18 (Mount Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Isn't the price tag for the Valley House chair at Sugarbush about the same? Supposedly it will be a fixed grip carpet loaded lift identical to the Meadows quad at Stowe which is a Dopp. To tell you the truth after riding the Meadows quad several times I didn't notice much difference in speed over a conventionally loaded lift & it's a bigger pain to load. These guys don't exactly look comfortable loading the Meadows quad.

That's part of the Stowe Mountain Clubs new building in the background. It's quite a bit further along now seeing it myself 2 weeks ago. Comes with underground parking.

My understanding is that the carpet loading allows the lift to run about 100 feet/minute faster than a conventionally loaded fixed grip.

The new quad at sugarbush reportedly is costing about 3M but part of that is the removal of two structures and site work for widening the traverse up top.

Thread Information