Saddleback - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddleback

Quote Originally Posted by Watatic Skier View Post
    This is kind of what I assumed too but one of the park guys there who is on Newschoolers brought up that without the Rangely lift there is a good chance they wouldn't see enough of a return to cover operating costs.

I think they should have replaced the double instead of Kennebago but as someone else mentioned hindsight is 20/20
    This is interesting. I would think closing for a year losing skiers to Sugarloaf would be worse for them. Offer reduced operating schedule running the tbar. I'm only annoyed because I was planning on a long weekend there this year!

Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    The new quad at sugarbush reportedly is costing about 3M but part of that is the removal of two structures and site work for widening the traverse up top.
    The double at Mittersill cost 3M. Where is threecy
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Wouldn't surprise me to see Skytrac get the project. They can outprice Dopp or Poma and want their fixed grip business.

The Skytrac chair at Berkie could use some extra padding. If it is snowing/your jacket is wet you can get frozen to the back metal piece when going to get off the chair as well.

The Skytrac's at The Hermitage are super comfy, granted they had plush, custom embroidered with the club's logo, chair pads made, but they're comfy and smooth riding lifts for sure!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days '07-'17 seasons: 515 Days

'17 - '18 Season:
    November: 12,18,19 (Mount Snow)

Apparently, saddleback pulled the sale advertisement for the double lift off the website. Something must of happened and I assume they are keeping the double and going to run for another year or the place down for the year.

Would it not be taken down if it had been sold?

Typically they keep it up there with a sold sign on it for a little bit. Who knows, maybe it did sell that fast and Saddleback asked them not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    The Skytrac chair at Berkie could use some extra padding. If it is snowing/your jacket is wet you can get frozen to the back metal piece when going to get off the chair as well.
    Eh. I don't mind it so much. The old number 1 black chair, now that was an uncomfortable(dangerous as well) chair lift.
    Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by catsup948 View Post
    Eh. I don't mind it so much. The old number 1 black chair, now that was an uncomfortable(dangerous as well) chair lift.
    The Black Diamond Express was the greatest lift in New England History. As a kid if you could ride that thing you were a great skier lol. I think it was in the 640 FPM speed range or something stupid like that.
    Last edited by Tin; Jul 24, 2015 at 7:06 AM.

Thread Information