• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

cdskier

Threecy on this board. Though he's been absent for a while. Has very strong opinions on a few topics.

In that case, especially as it is only 1 guy, it definitely sounds like articles on NESI about Saddleback need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Newpylong

In my opinion, a lot of the articles on that NESI site take a lot more liberties than I would have in publishing, especially if I was not quoting people. Whole lot of conjecture.

tipsdown

In my opinion, a lot of the articles on that NESI site take a lot more liberties than I would have in publishing, especially if I was not quoting people. Whole lot of conjecture.

+1. Not a single quote or a reliable source in any article...

fiddleski

Good to know that there may be some bias at work here. Hoping for the best for the locals who have hitched their wagons to the Majella train.

Is NESI run by one person? A group of people? There's virtually no information on the site at all about who NESI is that I can see. Articles don't have any named authors listed either. Even their domain name registration is hidden.

Jeremy Clark Franklinsites.com

SIKSKIER

Here is the latest:
Good-morning,

We value your feedback and hear you are seeking more regular updates.

We are continuing to work to successfully finalize this sale. We have encountered delays that have impacted our timelines. This has been on our end and not the Berry’s. We are incredibly thankful to the Berry family and their advisors for their ongoing patience, kindness and support. I am whole heartedly committed to this deal. Whilst it has been drawn-out and frustrating for many, we have entered and are working through the final stages.

As we stated in June, this is a complex and challenging deal. It has posed numerous challenges to our investors. We are focused not just on finalizing the deal but ensuring we have the long-term, sustainable plan in place for the future of Saddleback and the existing approved development district.

I do not take lightly the impact Saddleback has on the entire Rangeley region, and we need to get this economic driver right for the mountain and all stakeholders.

Is the Rangeley chair still being replaced?

Whilst we had hoped to replace the Rangeley chair this year, we have made the decision to delay its replacement until next season. We realize this comes as a disappointment to many and for us this season, but we are committed to a sustainable and long-term solution for Saddleback.

We wanted the additional time to scope the best lift option for the mountain and will consider a detachable quad versus a fixed grip quad. This is pertinent as we move forward to the four-season use of the mountain where a detachable quad has greater appeal.

What does this mean for re-opening this season?

As I have said before, we are committed to opening in some capacity for the 2017/18 ski season. This will not be a full opening, rather a limited operation that, if possible, will allow our Saddlebackers and their families to return and enjoy the mountain in some capacity this season.

I am extremely thankful to our incredible Mountain Operations team who have been hard at work with the trails groomed, readied and looking perfect for the ski season. I also want to thank all the business owners who continue to support our effort with advice and services and their early support will not be forgotten.

Our Saddlebackers are our biggest motivation and we hear you when you say you would prefer some skiing over none. We are doing everything in our ability to provide an offering, albeit a limited one this season.

Best regards,

Majella Group CEO, Sebastian Monsour

Jully

Hmm... so a detachable is now on the table again? A little odd. Additionally they don't mention any details of what they envision that limited capacity being. Just the T-bar? Rangeley and T-bar? Given they probably don't know themselves, but it would be nice to have a little more detail when other places are opening for the season rather than "we are committed to opening in some capacity..."

Bosco DaSkia

Sounds positive, I hope it all works out for everybody. I would love to get back to skiing there.

Agree, they are even worse than the Berry's in squandering good will.

Rangeley lift will never carry skiers again.

No word on certifying any of the lifts.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Here is the latest:
Good-morning,

We value your feedback and hear you are seeking more regular updates.

We are continuing to work to successfully finalize this sale. We have encountered delays that have impacted our timelines. This has been on our end and not the Berry’s. We are incredibly thankful to the Berry family and their advisors for their ongoing patience, kindness and support. I am whole heartedly committed to this deal. Whilst it has been drawn-out and frustrating for many, we have entered and are working through the final stages.

As we stated in June, this is a complex and challenging deal. It has posed numerous challenges to our investors. We are focused not just on finalizing the deal but ensuring we have the long-term, sustainable plan in place for the future of Saddleback and the existing approved development district.

I do not take lightly the impact Saddleback has on the entire Rangeley region, and we need to get this economic driver right for the mountain and all stakeholders.

Is the Rangeley chair still being replaced?

Whilst we had hoped to replace the Rangeley chair this year, we have made the decision to delay its replacement until next season. We realize this comes as a disappointment to many and for us this season, but we are committed to a sustainable and long-term solution for Saddleback.

We wanted the additional time to scope the best lift option for the mountain and will consider a detachable quad versus a fixed grip quad. This is pertinent as we move forward to the four-season use of the mountain where a detachable quad has greater appeal.

What does this mean for re-opening this season?

As I have said before, we are committed to opening in some capacity for the 2017/18 ski season. This will not be a full opening, rather a limited operation that, if possible, will allow our Saddlebackers and their families to return and enjoy the mountain in some capacity this season.

I am extremely thankful to our incredible Mountain Operations team who have been hard at work with the trails groomed, readied and looking perfect for the ski season. I also want to thank all the business owners who continue to support our effort with advice and services and their early support will not be forgotten.

Our Saddlebackers are our biggest motivation and we hear you when you say you would prefer some skiing over none. We are doing everything in our ability to provide an offering, albeit a limited one this season.

Best regards,

Majella Group CEO, Sebastian Monsour

Wow. They have not even closed yet? Sounds very suspect. Sounds like a money problem. Wasn't it reported that they had some tax issues in Portland? Not very encouraging. I think that another season of skinning is likely for skiing. They are very lucky if they have any sort of season this year. Earliest would probably be February considering that they have not even closed.

VTKilarney

Just a guess, but it sounds to me like they may be having a hard time putting financing in place.