• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Air Competition coming to Fenway Park next February

prsboogie

DHS did we post at the same time? Spooky @dlague it does look wicked pissha!!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Soldier field:

6cb58bdfa5e004a2caa161bb99fb7745-orig

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gillette will be such a better venue for a winter classic. As cool as it was to see the Bruins play in Fenway Park, the site lines there suck for hockey. Hell, they aren't even all that good for baseball.

prsboogie

Gillette will be such a better venue for a winter classic. As cool as it was to see the Bruins play in Fenway Park, the site lines there suck for hockey. Hell, they aren't even all that good for baseball.

Here here, I couldn't agree more about the sight lines. Personally I think the the biggest travesty was the renovations they shoved down everyone's throats when they should have built a new stadium with better seating and better views. Rip it down and keep the monsta as a museum.

VTKilarney

They can't tear it down now. It became an historical landmark when it hit 100 years old. They can't even change the style of the seats. On a tour we took they made it clear that a new stadium is out of the question now. And they also have the most expensive beer (per ounce) in all of the majors...

deadheadskier

Staff member
The sad thing is there was an opportunity for both a new football stadium and a new baseball stadium in the Seaport.

Gillette is at least comfortable, but the road access and parking is atrocious.

I'm a HUGE Boston sports fan, but I won't go to Fenway or Gillette anymore. Catching the Cs or Bs is so much more fan friendly.