• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Ski's !! Its that time of the year !

JDMRoma

Just picked up my Nordica Soul Riders with Rossi FKS 140s ! On an impulse I bought new boots too !
Got a decent deal on Head Venture 130s......Spent some money this morning ! Yikes
Bought everything at Sport Thoma up in Lincoln, just around 900 for everything

It can Snow now anytime.......Im ready !

yeggous

Nice. The snow blowers are out at Home Depot too.

Warning: thread hijack underway.

I'm in the market for a snow blower. The obvious options appear to be Ariens from Home Depot, Craftsman from Sears, or Troy-Bilt from Lowes. Having never purchased a snow blower before I am a bit in the dark. Anyone have some constructive advice? I'm pretty sure that I want to prioritize quality and power over clearing width. I'm probably looking to spend around $1000.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

JDMRoma

I'm in the market for a snow blower. The obvious options appear to be Ariens from Home Depot, Craftsman from Sears, or Troy-Bilt from Lowes. Having never purchased a snow blower before I am a bit in the dark. Anyone have some constructive advice? I'm pretty sure that I want to prioritize quality and power over clearing width. I'm probably looking to spend around $1000.

Its Summer.......HiJack Away.......Im not a Craftsman fan, don't know much about troy so Id go with a good name

Ariens is up there with Toro and Honda, those would be my top 3 if I needed one. Last one I owned was a Toro......ran great all the time.....never skipped a beat in the 10 years of owning it. I think will the top 3 as long as you maintain it they will live forever. !

moresnow

My recommendation would be to find a small engine / lawn mower dealer. Often time the big box stores get lower quality machines to meet the retailers price point.

Brad J

don't by from big box stores, name brands are not the same machines, a employee of mine learned the hard way. spend a few bucks and get from a small dealer that has good service. Worth it

JDMRoma

don't by from big box stores, name brands are not the same machines, a employee of mine learned the hard way. spend a few bucks and get from a small dealer that has good service. Worth it

Thats what I have heard as well, I bought my Toros from Eds in Tyngsboro mass.....not too far from you Yeggous

yeggous

Thats what I have heard as well, I bought my Toros from Eds in Tyngsboro mass.....not too far from you Yeggous

Tyngsboro is very close. I looked into this a bit and discovered that at least for Ariens they sell the same product to dealers and Home Depot.

I should clarify that my reason to look at Sears, Lowes, and Home Depot is because I have credit card points. I can cash them in for $1000 in gift cards to any number of stores. I don't need to use them immediately as they don't expire any time soon. I can always cash them in for credit toward my mortgage too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Screw snow blowing I have someone plow. Don't need an excuse to not go sking. Now bringing it back around -Nice setup John!

xwhaler

Nice skis JDM! The new daily driver or what's the thoughts on how they fit in to the quiver?

JDMRoma

Nice skis JDM! The new daily driver or what's the thoughts on how they fit in to the quiver?

Most likely my daily driver... Only ski with less than 100 at the waist.
Basically rounding out my quiver at 97 waist rocker/cam/rocker. My Gotama's at 107 Full Rocker and the Icelantics back to to rocker/cam/rocker at 119 underfoot. Should be covered for everything 😎

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone