• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lucky Bums Ski Leashes

skiMEbike

I still wedge frequently with a slow skier on a narrow trail in front of me. Basic skill.

Agree...I seem to use it most often when skiing with my snowboarding friends as they strap in at the top of the trail & I just want to get moving down the trail while making sure I don't lose them. :wink:

dlague

My calves hurt just thinking about it.

I needed it last year hit a rock with one ski and it turned me around towards trees automatically went into a backwards wedge. Good thing about twin tips easy to ski backwards.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
To scrub speed in a narrow footprint I "swipe" the rears of my skis like windshield wipers. I'm sure there's a technical term for it but that's what I'm calling it now. That's a lot more effective.

Can't think of any situation I use a wedge.

Both new skiers and experienced skiers who like knowing that someone has their back if things get hairy.

you mean like this?

hairy_back_contest.jpg

Cornhead

Yikes! I think he was skiing Killington in May...Sasquatch. I guess being bald ain't so bad after all.

dlague

Yikes! I think he was skiing Killington in May...Sasquatch. I guess being bald ain't so bad after all.

Yup, the day we were there there was a guy that was very furry skiing with no shirt.

Last edited:

Domeskier

Way the day we were there there was a guy that was very furry skiing with no shirt.

I think that guy must be a spring regular. I heard some kids joking about seeing a bear in the woods and out pops this guy!