• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 2/11

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Got my butt on the road from Strafford, NH at 530 to get there about 8.

This is my second visit and have confirmed what I observed the first time: this is a great big intermediate mountain.

I will give them credit, however, for good grooming. They seem to have most trails open and the corduroy in the morning was great. Not surprisingly, it was pretty scratchy on many trails by 2 pm.

Now I suppose you could have a blast hammering some of these runs with hardpack but there are quite a few human obstacles on every trail.

Next time I'll bring my snowboard.

SKIQUATTRO

my wife and i were there yesterday....do they have to groom ALL the trails?? we love skiing ungroomed trails, we only found ONE: Lower Tomahawk...nice ungroomed snow, but othere than that all 100 trails felt the same, all groomed, scracted off....we were bored by lunch....We were at PICO on Sat and most of it was ungroomed...shoulda stayed there...you can keep Okemo...looks like we'll be driving further and further north to get our fix of ungroomed steeps and trees

Newpylong

Personally I love getting yelled at to slow down when I am in a wedge doing just that. If I go any slower I might as well have X-country skis on. Happens everytime to me there.....ugh. lol

jack97

Strangly not this year, no seeded bumps. Just regular ones...and small ones at that.

Kind of surpised. Their snow report showed three mogul trails and they are usaully seeded. I know, sel choice and blackout are near the terrain parks, riders usually do an intial charge at them and bail after the first two or three rows. So it might have made them look smaller going in.

BTW, I'm not againts rider going the trails, I saw one rider on the mogul trail w/ the milder pitch at sunapee, he almost got it.

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
my wife and i were there yesterday....do they have to groom ALL the trails?? we love skiing ungroomed trails, we only found ONE: Lower Tomahawk...nice ungroomed snow, but othere than that all 100 trails felt the same, all groomed, scracted off....we were bored by lunch....We were at PICO on Sat and most of it was ungroomed...shoulda stayed there...you can keep Okemo...looks like we'll be driving further and further north to get our fix of ungroomed steeps and trees

The friend with whom I ski and I have chosen to rename Okemo: Big Blue :razz:

Last edited: