• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015-2016 Ski Areas to visit...

Tin

This seems to be an every summer thread but I have not seen it yet. So...anyone trying to make it to a specific ski area they have not been to yet or have not been to in a long time?

For me...

1. Wildcat. They had a great season last year and I would love to get back there. It is 8 hours round trip for me and two of the three days I have gone there in the past they lost power until mid afternoon.

2. Tenney. To show some support and it is not a bad drive up.

3. Bolton Valley. After seeing some trail reports from there last year it looks to be a very under rated ski area and has some challenging trails and woods.

Honorable mention. Mittersill on opening day. Savemeasammy and I got to hit Mittersill on its first day of the season last year and it was some of the most fun skiing I had last year.

Puck it

Honorable mention. Mittersill on opening day. Savemeasammy and I got to hit Mittersill on its first day of the season last year and it was some of the most fun skiing I had last year.

You need to have someone show you all the rabbit holes.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Magic. It's been a long time and tickets are cheap. Only reason I haven't gone in years is I hate driving east to west across Southern NH. The roads are a pain in the ass

dlague

Well we generally ski at 20 or so ski areas per season and the list seems to have the usual suspects (see below) but MRG is one we would like to hit. Up until last year we had a snowboarder, last year he switched. Our son is getting deployed stateside so depending where he ends up will determine our western options.

Last years places we hit - many several times:

Killington
Pats Peak
Cannon
Pico
Bretton Woods
Gunstock
Okemo
Ragged
Sugarbush
Attitash
Sugarloaf
Magic Mountain
Black Mountain
Saddleback
Bolton Valley
Lost Valley
Jay Peak
Lake Louise
Kicking Horse
Sunshine Village

xwhaler

Back to places I havent been to in yrs or very limited terrain was open when I did go:
-Bretton Woods: Have an early season voucher I will use hoping for a decent amt of terrain if we can get some natural in Early Dec
-10E: Again to show support and a very easy drive for me
Jay: May try for a late season ski + splash package with my family.

New Mtns:
Mt Abram
Stowe (But I say this every yr and then never go)
Stratton (Stratton/Stowe are the last remaining 1500+ vert mtns I've yet to ski in New England)
Bromley: Upper 40's in March sunshine ripping soft bumps followed by a PBR seems about right

Last edited:

Tin

You need to have someone show you all the rabbit holes.

e96c59556847360b20ce142dba8fc23c.jpg

Puck it

Summit this year and the puck it tour before !

Places I want to go I've never been to

Jay and Wildcat

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
We should plan the Cannon, Saddleback and two days at Sugarloaf like Drew and I did last year

ironhippy

I wanted to get to Massif du Sud (NOT LE MASSIF) in Quebec last season, but never made it.

It's south of Quebec city and they claim 600 cms (~230 inches) of snow each season which should all be cold and dry.

I almost went on the way back from Mont Saint Anne last April, but the wife and her dad weren't interested in adding an extra 3 hours of driving on the way home.

steamboat1

I wanted to get to Massif du Sud (NOT LE MASSIF) in Quebec last season, but never made it.

It's south of Quebec city and they claim 600 cms (~230 inches) of snow each season which should all be cold and dry.

I almost went on the way back from Mont Saint Anne last April, but the wife and her dad weren't interested in adding an extra 3 hours of driving on the way home.
That's an interesting place. I never knew it existed until a couple of years ago. If I get back up that way this season, which is a possibility with the exchange rate being what it is, I'd like to give it a try. I've already skied all the QC areas nord & est of the city but never sud.

cdskier

MRG - I have a condo by Sugarbush, but have never made it to MRG. I really need to make it a point to finally try to get over there.

Puck it

steamboat1

MRG - I have a condo by Sugarbush, but have never made it to MRG. I really need to make it a point to finally try to get over there.
Hard to believe seeing you've been in the area for several years. I don't think you'll be disappointed. In fact you'll be wondering what took you so long.

Skied there a couple of days before they closed last year with marginal conditions & it was still a hoot.