• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ticket Prices 2015-2016

prsboogie

And people wonder why mountains close and people stop skiing! Not that most pay that prince and I know that there are plenty on first timers deals but still!!

Savemeasammy

Okemo
$84 wkdays
$97 wknd
$99 Holiday

I guess the Weekend rate wasn't bad enough, so they needed a special Holiday rate?

Huge money for huge liftlines.
No, thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
These prices are a big reason why feeder hills are coming back.

I think the key is though that the feeder hills need to offer something to entertain advanced skiers. Whaleback very much does. Pats does too. A feeder hill like King Ridge (as awesome as my childhood memories are of skiing there) wouldn't make it because it's too flat.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Gotta' turn those babyboomers upside down and shake the money from their pockets before they die or are too old to ski.

After that?

Then the real ski industry crisis begins.

Oh please... the boomer generation that's currently skiing on cheap season passes is being replaced by the do-it-all dad of the 21st. Do-it-all dad has a slopeside condo, passes for two kids, himself, and his wife... but only skis 14 weekends in the year because kid's soccer practice begins March 15. When do-it-all is at the mountain, he's buying the family 2-3 meals a day at the on-hill restaurants, getting tubing/mountain coaster passes, and putting the kids in seasonal ski improvement programs for $2,000 a head.

Do-it-all dad is much less frugal than his dad, because baby-boomer dad and his family lived on pb&j, lived in a modest winter home in-town, and "ski school" wasn't in dad's dictionary unless "(his name here) ski school" was the name of it.

yeggous

Oh please... the boomer generation that's currently skiing on cheap season passes is being replaced by the do-it-all dad of the 21st. Do-it-all dad has a slopeside condo, passes for two kids, himself, and his wife... but only skis 14 weekends in the year because kid's soccer practice begins March 15. When do-it-all is at the mountain, he's buying the family 2-3 meals a day at the on-hill restaurants, getting tubing/mountain coaster passes, and putting the kids in seasonal ski improvement programs for $2,000 a head.

Do-it-all dad is much less frugal than his dad, because baby-boomer dad and his family lived on pb&j, lived in a modest winter home in-town, and "ski school" wasn't in dad's dictionary unless "(his name here) ski school" was the name of it.

I think you've got your generations mixed up Baby Boomer dad has Millennial kids who are saddled with student debt. The boomer's grand kids are either too small to ski or not yet born. The Silent Generation gave birth to the Gen X do it all dad.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Gotta' turn those babyboomers upside down and shake the money from their pockets before they die or are too old to ski.

Oh please... the boomer generation currently skiing on cheap season passes

Guilty as charged. Think my daily skiing cost came out to about $14 at K last season. Spent more on lunch & a couple of beers.

Yes I'm there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4F63686B-74BA-4400-9AAB-305BCCC30470.jpg
    4F63686B-74BA-4400-9AAB-305BCCC30470.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

cdskier

That's vulgar.

Nothing against Sugarbush, but I'd pay $115 at Stowe before I pay $95 there. Not that I'd do either, but, you know.

Suit yourself...more snow for me at SB. Of course I do think these day ticket prices are getting out of hand. The difference between MW and WE in particular at SB is quite surprising.

For as much as much as day ticket prices keep increasing, season pass prices (at least at the early rates) have held relatively flat over the past few years.

Part of me believes the increase in day ticket prices is specifically intended as a way to push people more and more towards other options such as the Quad pack at places like SB. Quad packs are a great deal and provide SB guaranteed money up front early in the season. And if for some reason the tickets go unused, then they benefit SB even more. It would be interesting to know how many tickets purchased ahead of time as part of deals like that go unused (although I'm sure no one that knows will ever actually share that info).

deadheadskier

Staff member
I agree with much of that, except for the part about unused tickets benefiting SB even more. Lost incremental revenue opportunities when a ticket goes unused. Lodging, food, beverage, rentals, lessons, gear sales etc.

steamboat1

For as much as much as day ticket prices keep increasing, season pass prices (at least at the early rates) have held relatively flat over the past few years.

I'm only familiar with K. Early unlimited & blackout pass prices went up $100 this year, midweek only went up $20.

Last edited: